Friday, October 4, 2013

Engagement Card

DSCF8332

Happy Friday peeps!  Yay, the weekend is almost here!  Looking forward to spending some time with friends tomorrow!  A customer asked me to make an engagement card, and I really had to scramble as I realized I have very few stamps for that occasion!  But I remembered that I had some of these beautiful laser-cut cards from last year, so I looked through my stash of paper to find something to back the heart:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Papillon Potpourri Occasional Quotes Engagement Stampin Up

I first stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral, then I embossed the flourish from Creative Elements in clear embossing powder on the front.  It’s a subtle look but very pretty.  I backed the heart cut-out with a paper that would work with the inside of the card as well, stamping a wee sentiment inside the flourish:
DSCF8335

and added another sentiment and butterflies on the right side:

DSCF8336

I finished it off with a couple of butterflies stamped in Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, punched and adhered to the side of the heart.  Oh, and I added that pretty bow!

DSCF8334

I was all ready to give this to my customer, using the Blush Blossom envelope that came with the card, but that big honkin’ bow was really squished, so I used my new Envelope Punch Board to make one to fit!  How exciting!  This little tool is SO COOL!  I had some random scrapbook paper that complemented my colors and look how wonderfully it came out:

DSCF8339
DSCF8340

Thanks for visiting today!

My friend Martha gave me some glittery pumpkin stickers, so Cassidy decided to make her mom a card:

DSCF8345
DSCF8346

It opened the wrong way, but who cares?!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Creative Elements, Papillon Potpourri, Occasional Quotes (ret),, Wonderful Words (ret Verve)
Card stock & Papers    Designer Cuts Very Vanilla Card, Lost & Found Market Street (MME), K&Co DP
Ink Calypso Coral, Versamark
Accessories Clear EP,  Iridescent Ice EP, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Pearls
Tools    Heat Tool, Bitty & Elegant Butterfly Punches, Sponge Dauber, Envelope Punch Board

20 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LeAnne, this is such a gorgeous card, I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it! I was wondering about that envelope thingy...I always worry about my cards getting squished! :)

Have a great weekend! HUGS

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! And I love that new punch board! I am off to Atlanta for the weekend for a stamping get together with some Pals on Saturday......that's my stamping fix for this year!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Beautiful Card!! I am so in love with the envelope punch, and you pick out some really beautiful paper for the envelope! Cassidy card if so darn cute! She is going to be so creative!

Love and Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

stampwithsandy said...

What a gorgeous card, LeAnne, something truly to be treasured, envelope and all!

Bev Gomez said...

Beautiful Card LeAnne and yes the envelope Punch board is the coolest tool. I love it. A few more years and Cassidy will be a great stamper that you can recruit. LOL! Have a good day. hugs, Bev

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is a beautiful card and that little Cassidy is getting to be a master card maker. I think I see the next famous crafter right in front of me.

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely stunning LeAnne! Hope all is well with you. DH arrived home from sailing yesterday and today it SNOWED! Maybe he should just relocate out east? ~chris

Brenda in IN said...

I love that laser cut card. It is a beautiful card. You did it proud, especially with the envelope. Cassidy put her stickers on in such a straight line! I see crafting in her future. Tell her not to worry, I've made a few upside cards in my past!

Marisa said...

That heart die is GORGEOUS!! Lovely card using it :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

That's right, her Mom certainly won't care which way her card opens. I love that Cassidy already enjoys making cards with her Grammy.
This engagement card is really beautiful. I love that big bow and the glittery butterflies.
Enjoy your weekend.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful engagement card, your bow is divine!! Cassidy looks like she was really focusing!

Patti said...

Absolutely stunning card - so appropriate for an engagement.

Katherine said...

This is lovely and I love that Cassidy has already found her CAS style (and a trick opening is perfect for Halloween!) hee hee!

Claire said...

LeAnne, this is just stunning! Your friend will be thrilled with it I'm sure!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful card and perfect for the occasion! I too LOVE the envelope tool - just got to try it last weekend at my Stampin Party and had to order it! Can't wait until it arrives!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so elegant! The die cut heart and butterflies look fabulous together and are perfect images to celebrate an engagement.

I just ordered the envelope punch board the other day and I've got my fingers crossed that I'm not on the back order list!

jengd said...

That card is an absolute knock-out! Gorgeous and I love the way you jazzed up your envelope. May I just say how thrilled I am to see an engagement card after so many condolence cards?! :) Cassidy did a great job on her card too!

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful and romantic LeAnne! I love how you finished the inside too! Lovely!

Kara said...

so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

How beautiful, LeAnne! I love the cutwork hear and the sparkly butterfly! What a beautiful envelope! So perfect for this card!