Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ColourQ 211

DSCF8609

Hey, peeps!  Today’s ColourQ challenge will crack you up:



Although this table is definitely not my style, it is whimsical and fun!  Perfect inspiration for a funky Halloween card:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ 211 Digital Halloween

I snagged this free digital image from Alison Spelman quite a while ago and this was the perfect time to use it!  I printed it out and colored it in with Copics and added some SU orange glitter:

DSCF8606

I used the sketch from this week’s Retrosketches for my layout:



and I used a piece from an old square dance crinoline to make my little ruffle along the side:

DSCF8610

A couple of button embellies and some chevron embossing, and this Halloween card is ready to mail!  I love that it uses non-traditional colors, too!  What can you make with this fun color combo?  Can’t wait to see it---share it with us at the ColourQ blog!

I pinned a cute craft for Cassidy last week and thought she would enjoy it since we had been talking about pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns.  It was just a pumpkin cut from orange felt and some black and yellow shapes that she could stick on the felt to make a face.  She didn’t’ quite get the concept because she hasn’t really made a jack-o-lantern yet!  She did enjoy cutting the felt scraps and lining up the shapes, though!

DSCF8565
DSCF8566
DSCF8568

Oh, and she thought the pumpkin would make a good hat:

DSCF8574

Wee Project Details
Stamps Digital (Alison Spelman); Halloween (Recollections)
Card stock & Papers     Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade Patterns DP
 Ink Smoky Slate
Accessories Netting, Buttons & Floss, Grosgrain Ribbon, Orange Glitter (SU)
Tools     Copics, Big Shot, Chevron EF, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I LOVE this card! It is so colorful and makes me smile. The buttons and torn ribbon are the perfect embellishments!!!!

Your Grand daughter is a doll! Looks like she is having a lot of fun with her felt jack-o-lantern!

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute LeAnne, those boots are fantastic! I bet Cassidy is going to love Halloween this year!

Sherry Eckblad said...

AMAZing! Love your card. The glitter on her socks, the ribbon unraveled, the tuile. Just the perfect Halloween card.
PS: that table isn't my style either but it could be. lol

kel said...

i LOVE that card. i went to that site to see if i could find the shoes! is it still available?

lisa808 said...

What an adorable image.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Girlfriend, Darling card and image. So spooky sweet! Love Cassidy's hat. I got my internet today. Moved my couch and tables and some cabinets yesterday but my stamp shelves and my bedroom furniture is not moved yet. Today it is raining so not moving anything. Happy stamping. Love that sketch and wish I could stamp but not yet. My stamp area is a mess as I don't have my shelves or table yet. GRRRR!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE card LeAnne, love the bit of spooky netting! Oooooh I think you are going to have a happy trick or treater this year, such a cute age!!

Julia Aston said...

Well- you had the perfect witch leg image for the inspiration LeAnne! so bright and fun with the netting and great colors - how fun to do crafts with Cassidy!

Katie Melhus said...

This card is AMAZING! What a perfect choice for the inspiration photo! Love everything about it! My daughter would love that Halloween project, she just got her own pair of scissors and is obsessed with cutting and shapes, adorable photos! And a great take on this week's sketch :)-Katie

Shelley said...

Love all the little elements...tulle, buttons and floss. Then, you topped it off with the perfect stamp! Great job!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy's pumpkin hat is sweet;) Seriously though, it's great to see her doing her pumpkin craft. Your card is very fun. Good job working with these difficult (at least I think so) colours.I like the crinoline addition.

Bananastamper said...

Lol, too cute! Love the fun colour combo, the sketch and all the fun details like the glitter. Love it!

Jen Mitchell said...

Eeek! Funky, fun and so adorable! I love the bit of crinoline peeking out and the shredded ribbon!

jengd said...

Cute card! I love that you matched the colors and boots both... and that Cassidy's clothes look like you picked them to match too. ;)

Bonnie said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the glitter on her stockings! Imagine having a table like that!

Kara said...

so cute/fun!!

kel said...

i keep looking for this stamp/digital download. does anyone know if it is available anywhere?