Thursday, October 25, 2012

SCH34

DSCF0159-001
I’ve been trying to get this project done all week….the challenge theme 34 at Sugar Creek Hollow is Sew Fashionable, and you must have a fashion item on your project!  I recently bought a whole stash of Workbasket books; the oldest was from 1948, and that’s where this crocheted bathing suit pattern originated:
DSCF0157
I cannot imagine making ANY kind of bathing attire, let alone a crocheted one.  My first dive into the ocean and it would be wet and sagging for sure!  But here it is—I even used some of the directions as part of the embellishments, along with some Graphic 45 papers, a few buttons from my stash and an old measuring tape we found when cleaning out my MIL’s sewing room.
DSCF0158-001
I did add some “water spots” from the French Foliage set, and stamped a cheesecloth image on the background.  This is larger than a card, so I made it into a little vignette and added a stand to prop it up on the back.  This is probably not as “embellished” as some vintage things are, but I didn’t want it to look too awfully crowded!
Cassidy has a bit of a cold, but it didn’t stop her from showing off her artistic skills in coloring the jack-o-lantern Grammy drew for her:
DSCF0148
DSCF0149
There are also “raindrops”, drawn by the little artist HERSELF!

10 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Love it! Your card, that is. NO! I cannot imagine actually wearing a crocheted suit but your card uses each detail beautifully! And your budding artist is beautiful too.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love how you used pieces from your books to create your card. I don't think I would put on a crocheted suite either. Just thinking about what could go wrong.
Cassidy did a great job with the rain drops and the coloring of the pumpkin her Grammy made.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

I love this! This retro swim suit collage is so fun. Pretty colors and great use/design of all you elements.

kat said...

You're BOTH showing your artistic skills today! I love the shabby look but just cannot seem to do it but you whip out one every now & then and they always look great! Thanks......

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love all the details you've put into this card. The measuring tape and crocheted flower and the hearts.....wow. The water spots are perfect. I can't imagine wearing a crocheted bathing suit either. Something just doesn't seem right about that;)
Cassidy is quite the artist isn't she? I do hope she shakes her cold quickly.

Tracey McNeely said...

This has fun stamped all over it!

Lesley said...

Such a good grammy! What a cute jack o'lantern and a cuter smile from Cassidy! Cool card and look, you do vintage so well!

Unknown said...

SO cute! I just love this card. These vintage items make some awesome cards, I need to find some! Just gorgeous! :)

Daniele said...

such a lovely card, loving the crochet embellishment so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week
hugs

Anonymous said...

love this card its soo pretty...thanks for joining us at sch this week...love your blog...
lizzi