Monday, October 15, 2012

Merry Monday 37

DSCF8889-001

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a restful weekend!  It’s time for another Merry Monday sketch:

I pulled out another Artistic Outpost set I hadn’t inked up for a while….a rustic winter scene:

DSCF8889

I did some random stamping on the background DP which is from Tim Holtz; the Not Quite Navy panel also has some cool images as well. I masked and sponged the sky with River Rock, which is also the card base. 

Here it is from the other angle, just so you can see the other images stamped on the background, as well as the sparkly snow and the pretty sentiment:

MM37-LeAnne

DSCF8891

It has a pretty vintage sentiment as well, which I stamped on the inside:

DSCF8893

I hope that you’ve been participating with us so that you can get a head-start on your holiday cards…..Christmas is approaching quickly!  Check out Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, to see what the other designers created this week…and play along with us too!

Over the weekend, my daughter’s half-brother visited us; it has been two years since we saw him last, so Cassidy has changed a bit from when he first held her:

149209_1677637709892_3362678_n

DSCF8922

Amazingly, she went right to him and wasn’t shy at all!  She “helped” Uncle Kevin put the batteries in her new toy!

DSCF8919

Thanks for visiting today!

16 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE this stamp set and the scene you've created LeAnne! You random stamping in the background doesn't look random at all - it looks so right!
How quickly do they grow? Is she is stamper yet? I've got boys so no chance of a helper at all in my house!

Linda said...

Wonderful card. I love all of your vintage cards. That paper is great with that image. You made the paper so cool.
Do you think the toy helped in the bonding? Looks like he has changed a bit too.

Bonnie said...

Another pretty scene! I love the glistening snow and the subtle background stamping! Wow!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card LeAnne and the glitter is the perfect addition.

Linda said...

Beautiful card - love those colors together. And the background...just gorgeous!!

Lesley said...

Awesome card LeAnne, love the rustic feel and the navy blue works well with the image. Great family photos too!

Bev Gomez said...

nne, I love your gorgeous card. SO pretty and love the snow scene. Totally beautiful! Hugs, Bev Missing not being able to play along.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fabulous card LeAnne you can save that one for me. :) I don't have any stamps by that company but always love the ones I see.

Carol L said...

I love all the tree images on your vintage card! So pretty!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the scene and wonderful colors! Your cards are always so perfect and this one is no exception!
Loved the family pics! Thanks for sharing them!! :)

Allisa said...

Great card, love the images!

Marie Bingaman said...

I love your color combo on this card!

Kara said...

pretty!! i hope you enjoyed your time with your son!!

jengd said...

Wonderful card- I really like what's almost a secondary scene on the greenish paper. Hope you guys had a great visit- looks that way.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the rustic look of your card Leanne and the dazzling snow.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card LeAnne. I love color and paper combination and the scene you have create is fantastic.