Sunday, October 14, 2012

Paper Players 117

DSCF8886-001

Hi friends!  Hope you’re having a great Sunday---what a beautiful weekend we are having here in PA!  Today the fabulous Jaydee has chosen a fabulous color challenge for the Paper Players!  Check it out:

Some great fall masculine colors!!  I pulled out an Artistic Outpost stamp set and went to work:

PP117-LeAnne

I like the final product, but I am not sure about that denim ribbon on top of the wide striped ribbon….still thinking about that!  Anyway, I stamped the larger image in Bravo Burgundy, the smaller image in Night of Navy, and framed the smaller one with some retired Hodgepodge Hardware.  I stamped some woodgrain on top of the larger image and continued the theme with the horizontal band.  It uses the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch (again) from this week:

I tweaked it just a wee bit, offsetting the framed panel just a bit for a little interest!

DSCF8887

I sure hope you can play with us this week with this seasonal color palette!  Can’t wait to see what you come up with!  Check out the other designers’ creations as well:

We found a wooly caterpillar outside a couple days ago:

DSCF8898

DSCF8900

Enjoy your day!

18 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a fabulous masculine LeAnne - love the detail of the woodgrain stamp on your main image. I actually really like the denim ribbon on the striped ribbon- I say leave it.

Sherry Eckblad said...

LeAnne, you have done it again and created another amazing card and I like the blue strip on it.

Patti said...

Great guy card - the colors are perfect. I love the woodgrain stamped over the image.

Amy White said...

Wonderful card LeAnne! Love how you've stamped the image in Bravo Burgundy and then the little one in Night of Navy - looks so effective! Great use of the HPH as well.

Darlene Gabriel said...

OH I love the smaller image frame with the hodgepodge - great idea. This is a wonderful masculine card and beautiful image. I love all the woodgrain you've added with the stamp and ef.
What a perfect picture of Cassidy peeking under the board on the deck/porch. That is frameable one for sure.
Have a fabulous Sunday - we're off to church in a few minutes.

Linda said...

Oh wow beautiful card. Stunning!
Adorable Cassidy pictures. So sweet!

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely perfect set of images with these colors, LeAnne! Love how the the navy pops against the cajun and I think the denim ribbon is a great accent! You rocked these colors!

Kristen Conant said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! So glad you played along with us at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

Marisa said...

You rocked the colours and the card. Love the woodgrain. Had to giggle at the caterpillar. My daughter had one as a "pet" and it actually ended up turning into a moth!

Nancy Seed said...

Definitely a winner in my books. Makes a great everyday card or a masculine card. Well Done! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I actually like the little strip of denim, it pulls the blues all the way through. I love this multi-layered masculine card and the little bit of hardware was just the perfect finishing touch. So glad you enjoyed my colors and thank you for rocking the challenge.
Hugs
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! The smaller framed image is the perfect accent! And how creative to use the woodgrain embossing folder on the larger image. A great card!

Bonnie said...

You've created such a lovely dimensional scene on this card, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

Love this, LeAnne!!! Such pretty colors and I just adore that image! Awesome card!! :)

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! LOVE the use of the wood grain stamp--a fabulous subtle detail! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Tracey Old said...

Great use of the sketch! Love the use of the stamps! Your card just oozes texture! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love the homespun nature of this card! It is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

H2 :) said...

I was in love as soon as I saw the windmill image, LeAnne! Love how you have used the woodgrain, both stamped & embossed, the layered ribbons & the framed, mini image is fabulous. Awesome masculine card. :)