Monday, October 8, 2012

Merry Monday 36

DSCF8805
Merry Monday, everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We’re back with another wonderful sketch from Lesley:
I just got some delicious vintage Christmas papers; I hope you aren’t sick of vintage Christmas cards, that’s all I can seem to create these days!  Aren’t these images cool:
MM36-LeAnne
If you’re of a certain era, these Christmas light boxes will look familiar to you!  This is a pretty large card, 5 1/4” square; the base is Crumb Cake, and I added a couple of diecut trees and a little sentiment tag, backed with some burlap:
MM36-LeAnne-001
And if you look real closely, you can see $3.49 written in pencil below the “Majestic”…I am thinking that was pretty expensive in those days!
DSCF8807
I hope you’ll play along with us this week and add to your Christmas card stash….the holidays are coming up soon!  You can check out all the lovely samples at Always Playing with Paper!!
For some reason, Cassidy felt the need to wander off with a package DH got for his business!  I “encouraged” her to put it back where it belonged, and she did:
DSCF8786
DSCF8787
DSCF8788
DSCF8789
DSCF8790
Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Boy does this bring back memories of big lights and silver icicles on the tree! I still have the angel we used in the box. Fond memories of Christmas past! Thanks for the memory, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card, LeAnne! Just love the images and the tree diecuts but the burlap stole the show for me! Love this! :)

Lesley said...

What a good helper she is!!! I cannot believe how much she is growing but I guess that is what wee ones do! Great vintage papers, how fun is that burlap! Another fabulous card my friend!
Hugs,
Lesley

mudmaven said...

This is just gorgeous LeAnne! Brings back wonderful memories. Wherever did you find that paper? ~chris

lotta joy said...

All I can say is "CHILD LABOR LAWS!". She's just like her grandma, which is a GOOD thing.

Karen Clark said...

Enjoying the card and your blog (and cute photos of your little girl - mine's all grown up!!). You've gotten yourself a new follower. *.*

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I can never get too much of vintage papers, especially the way you use them! Gorgeous take on the challenge.
What a good little helper... and I love that flower in her hair.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey LeAnne, darling Vintage card. I love it and wow Cassie is really looking like a big girl all of a sudden. She minds well too. LOL! Hugs, Bev

Linda said...

Wonderful vintage card!
And sweet little Cassidy working so hard. Was this from this weekend? It was so cold up north I had to have my long johns on. LOL
She is a busy little girl.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous Vintage card, that paper is wonderful and I love the burlap behind the sentiment.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love that ........you "encouraged" her to put it back ---hee hee. Good for her to do it. Look at how strong she is.
Wow I love your vintage Christmas card. Those trees are adorable especially with their sparkly stars. I love the touch of burlap.

Unknown said...

Omigosh, I LOVE these papers! They are awesome! No, please don't stop making vintage cards, they are so unique and cool! LOVE:) Good thing I'm not closer to you, these papers might just disappear from your studio if I was! :) *hugs*

Narelle Farrugia said...

These papers are simply gorgeous LeAnne - I LOVE all your vintage Christmas cards, so keep them coming!