Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ColourQ 157

DSCF8625

Happy Tuesday!  Since it’s the first Tuesday in October,  Arielle has chosen a special ColourQ palette for Breast Cancer month!  Check this out:

cqc157

What a gorgeous shirt!!!  I had so many ideas swirling in my head…where to start?  I pulled out a past Sell-a-bration set called Fresh Vintage to make my  4 1/4” square card:

LeAnne_CQC157

This also follows the sketch from CPS285:

which helped me in my choice of stamp set, because I knew those pretty postage stamp images would be perfect for this layout!  I also did some stamping on my embossed butterfly and added some black rhinestones:

DSCF8624

I added a sentiment from Fabulous Phrases, then ran the stamped panel through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder for this pretty effect.  I sure hope you’ll play along with this special ColourQ challenge this week!  The other ColourQ courtiers have come up with some fun, special creations as well, so be sure to check them out at the ColourQ blog!

My friend and downline Laura sells these GORGEOUS mums….even Cassidy was impressed!

DSCF8608

14 comments:

Pam~ said...

Oh, LeAnne, this card says it all ... beautiful! The color combination looks wonderful and I love the embossing! My favorite card of the day!!!

Rita W said...

I'm so excited about these colors! I just love what you did with them. Hope I can play along this week.

And those mums? Wow!

viera- scrapbooking a svet papieru said...

Beautiful cards, warm up your heart.

Queen Mary said...

Wow! What a color combo! I may try this, I have a friend who loves pink and I have tons of pink paper -- which is weird since it is not my favorite color! My colors are those gorgeous mums! Great photo, great card!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Now this card is so beautiful!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous!......love all these pinks. You really know how to put sets and challenges together. This is a beautiful card.
Gorgeous array of Mums is right! Cassidy is showcasing them perfectly;)

Barb King said...

That's beautiful, I loved that set. Barb

June Houck said...

Gorgeous card, L!!! I love the opposite pink/black of the squares vs. the butterfly. The butterfly is gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super beautiful LeAnne! What a great take on the colors and the inspiration picture! Hugs ~S~

Linda Callahan said...

Let's talk about your flowers - wowza! (Oh I do the love the card too :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card and flowers, LeAnne, however you know what I like the best! Cassidy of course, how fun! Tell her that I had a lambie when I was little only mine was a black one with a pink flower on her ear! Have a wonderful day.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne! I love the drama of the pink flowers on black and, of course, the butterfly is fantastic!

Marybeth said...

LeAnne this is such a beautiful card and so true to the inspiration photo. Love the sketch you used for your card. Cassidy must just love to be outside like all kids. She is a doll! But you already know that.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Pink-tastic! I love how Cassidy's skirt matches the flowers! :)