Sunday, October 7, 2012

Paper Players 116

DSCF8773-001

Happy Sunday everyone!  Brrrr….we certainly went from warm to wild weather in a hurry this weekend!  I know some of my blogging friends had snow this week!  Oh my!  Well, I am the hostess this week at the Paper Players, and I have a nice warm challenge for you:  Cup of Joy!

We want to see a cup of some sort on your card….and you won’t want to miss what the designers at the Paper Players came up with this week…you’ll love them!  Personally, I cannot start my day  without a cup of coffee!!!  Or two or three!   In the winter, I love chai tea in the afternoon with a splash of French vanilla creamer—yum!  How about you?  What’s your favorite cup? For my card,  I started my creation with the sketch from the PaperCraft Crew this week:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch

and pulled out my Scentsational Season set:

PP116-LeAnne

There were a couple of very cute cards in the Paper Players gallery last week using this paper, so I whipped mine out too!  The mug is stamped in Riding Hood Red, with the “steam” heat embossed with Iridescent Ice on vellum.  It’s really hard to see but looks cool IRL!

DSCF8772

I added some punched stars from the Merry Minis punch pack, and tacked on a couple of tags fastened with a glimmer brad and some baker’s twine!  The whole shebang is atop a Labels Framelit that was embossed with the oval Designer Frame EF….I love how it fits so nicely in that framelit!  I added a pretty sentiment from More Merry Messages on the inside, along with a few more stars!

DSCF8773

Now, remember to go check out what the team has created, and share your creation with us too!

The Paper Players Design Team

DSCF8717

19 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LeAnne, I LOVE red and blue cards! Your embossed sparkly steam is brilliant! Must remember to do that sometime soon! Fabulous card!

Unknown said...

LeAnne - I love this! I need to break that paper out and use it too. And, I've been checking out your vellum steam - which I'm swooning over - how did you attach it? Simply by sticking it into your cup? I don't see any glue spots, which is one reason I don't use vellum very often!

Bev Gomez said...

Hi LeAnne, oh so it got cold there? Sorry to hear that. I have my party this afternoon and it is windy and cold. I love your card. Very cute and it looks like Cassie is saying ouch these rocks hurt my butt! LOL!
Have a great day. Hugs, Bev

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet challenge and it worked perfectly with your sketch! Very clever touch with the vellum! Pretty card!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I LOVE the steam in the coffee cup. So creative and a fabulous touch. I really love the way you incorporated the sketch and the way you created such a great backdrop for the cup.
Hugs
Jaydee

Terry said...

Adorable card. And I love the photo of Cassidy!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well this cup of "hot chocolate for me" would warm anyone who's chilly this weekend. I love how you did the steam on vellum. Very creative layer for your cup to rest on too. I love this warm creation of yours. We're off to our family Thanksgiving gathering and then another tomorrow. Have a blessed weekend.

H2 :) said...

Firstly, thanks for such a fun challenge theme this week LeAnne!
Secondly, LOVE your card. The red/blue/vanilla palette is awesome & the sparkly steam off your cup is so clever. The cup sits so nicely within the frame, surrounded by the cluster of stars & sentiments - it just makes me feel all warm & cosy. Then, to top it off, you have layered it all on that fab print! :)

Linda said...

This is so adorable. We are at the cabin freezing. It was snowing when we got here. It is quite cozy right by the fire.
Your card is adorable and makes me want a nice hot cup of coco right now. To bad I didn't bring any. This is our last visit this year. The water will get turned off on Tuesday.
So Cassidy moved on from water to rock. LOL She is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and the the steam is genus! Thanks for playing along over at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge too! You're the best! :-)

Gisela said...

FANTASTIC!! I like the base of the card in blue better than the way I did it LeAnne. The way you used the oval embossing and the vellum steam, very clever. Cassidy... beautiful.

Katherine said...

The vellum steam is genius!!! TFS!!!

Nance Leedy said...

Love, love, love it all! Your colors the accents but most of all that fabulous vellum steam! So stinkin' clever! Great and timely challenge, my friend. Stay warm!

Katherine said...

FYI, I'm going to add link to your site on my next Trendy Tuesday article for Paper Crafters Library Blog. Again, the vellum steam is terrific!

Amy O said...

What a genius idea to stamp the steam on vellum and add a glittery effect! Love it! It's a beautiful card!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful card, LeAnne! The vellum steam is pure genius! Great choice of DSP!I love how you decorated the inside!

Jinny Newlin said...

Gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! Not only do I adore the color combo, but I also love your punches of shimmery silver! And that vellum steam is absolutely the perfect finishing touch!

Amy White said...

Wow that vellum steam is a genius idea LeAnne!! Must try that! Love the colours you've used - so fresh and pretty!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Everything about this is fabulous, LeAnne! Love the vellum "steam" and all of the wonderful details you added. Awesome as always, friend! Thanks for a fun challenge!