Friday, October 5, 2012

RS31

DSCF8799

Aha!  Two posts in one day!  Had to sneak this one in before the RetroSketches deadline!  Here’s the sweet little sketch:

And here’s my sweet little card:

DSCF8800

Lucky me---I won a cute set from The Alley Way Stamps, so this is my first creation using it!  My sentiment is a freebie from Paper Smooches, printed on vellum…..

DSCF8798

I stamped the little love bug on textured Whisper White and used some Copics to color---the papers from MME’s Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky are so spunky, I had a hard time deciding which pattern to use!  I ended up punching some circles from one of them to use as my little embellishment. The SU Adorning Accents embossing folder was perfect to mimic those punchouts!   I am also entering this in the Moxie Fab World Cardmaking Day challenge—a first for me!

Grampy and Cassidy were sitting at the table, each enjoying a snack.  Cassidy decided that she wanted one of Grampy’s cookies, so she traded him her Cheerios and raisins (served on the lid of a cracker tin) for a cookie!

DSCF8702

DSCF8703

DSCF8708

Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

Carol L said...

I LOVE that adorable little bug with the touch of vellum. Cassidy's trade-off is so cute! Such precious memories :)

Emma Fewkes said...

That's a VERY cute card, but those pics of your hubby and Cassidy are totally adorable and would melt any heart <3. Hugs, Emma xx

Kim S said...

I love the polka dot border to go with the polka dot bug!!

Linda said...

Love that font on the bug card. And seriously - cookies trump raisins anyday!!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness she is one smart cookie! LOL
Love you adorable card.

June Houck said...

So adorable, LeAnne! I love the colorful ladybug and the circles...and your dd's sweet face :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch that gave me great grief! Love the coloured circles. Such cute pics of grandpa and Cassidy too :)

Julia Aston said...

what a fun card with the cute lady bug and the fun embossed scallops - cute pics of snack time too!! have a great weekend GF!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such an adorable card!!! I love the way you used so many elements and yet it all flows perfectly. I love vellum!!!!

Allisa said...

Super cute, love how you did the sentiment on vellum.

Patti said...

How stinkin' cute is this!! Love that ladybug. A really fun card.

Karen McAlpine said...

Adorable card!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute cute card LeAnne. have a great weekend!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Now that is sweet Grampy and Cassidy sharing their snack. I love how she made that trade too.
What a cute card. So creative the way you popped those little circles in the scallops. Congrats on winning the stamp set.
I was hoping to get a card done for this sketch before the deadline too, but I won't make it in time.
Have a fabulous weekend.

Bonnie said...

A sweet image and such pretty colors! I love the circles over the embossing!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

You know I always have trouble ordering from your site. MY fault. Not your site.

Well, I managed to get everything I want AND get it ordered!! I'm so proud of myself. All it took was a calm mind and not allow myself to make it so difficult. SUCCESS and easy as pie!

Arielle H Gordon said...

EEK - how cute is this?!? Love the touch of vellum! You always add perfect little details! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Patrice said...

That little bug is too cute, LeAnne!

zub momi said...

WOw what an adoreable card! love your sentiment :)

Linda Callahan said...

Oooooh soooo cute!

*Alison* said...

THANK YOU sooo much for this adorable card.. it seriously made my week.. it's simply divine.. :) Your card is amazing! hugs Ali