Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paper Players 118

DSCF0098
Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you’re having a great weekend so far.  With the rain and dampness on Friday, I woke up yesterday with a massive sinus headache…..not fun for a Saturday!  Thankfully, I had my Paper Players card all ready for you!!!  Anne Marie has a real fun CAS challenge for us today:
I wish I had some “glasses” stamps—that would have been fun, wouldn’t it?  But I resorted to a card using my Holiday Collection framelits and some Stitched In Color ribbon in Gumball Green:
PP118-LeAnne
Obviously, you have seen this technique around blogland---I am not even sure where I saw the first one, but it is not my idea, so thank you to whoever came up with it!  I used some Real Red Polka Dot Parade DP, and mounted it on a piece of cardboard for some strength, diecutting the tree out of both pieces separately and gluing them together.  I covered a little piece of cardboard with the ribbons, then placed it behind my “frame” with some dimensionals, then mounted the whole shebang with dimensionals on my card front:
DSCF0099
I also added a little piece of narrow stitched ribbon in Early Espresso for the trunk!  Some glimmer accents finished off my CAS card.  I actually made another card for this challenge first, but decided it wasn’t CAS enough….I’ll post that later in the week.  I hope you’ll play along with this fun challenge over at the Paper Players blog…where you can see all the designers’ creations!

Last week, when my stepson came to visit, we walked up to my brother’s house…he lives behind us and we walk through the woods to get there.  Cassidy decided we were taking too long, so she took my brother’s hand and said “home”…….so he stopped what he was working on, and took her home!
179_5866
179_5870
My little Kodak is about to give up the ghost….hence the not-so-hot photos!  But thanks for visiting anyway!

19 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful CAS card, LeAnne! The ribbon tree is so pretty! I've seen this technique around too but never attempted it yet. Love the look!!!

Darling pictures! That would be such a pretty walk!

Unknown said...

Love this card! I like that look with the ribbon too. Have wanted to do that for a while, but just haven't. This one works so good - and like the added touch of the EE ribbon for the trunk.

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh LeAnne, this is crafty genius! I love what you've done to add depth and texture to your tree. What a completely groovy idea! :)

Marisa said...

Love the negative space with the ribbon tree! Fabulous picture with g-pa and Cassidy :)

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne I LOVE this card, the DP and that fabulous tree. Perfect!

Patti said...

I love this technique using ribbon pieces. Great card. The photo of your brother & Cassidy is truly precious - a real Kodak moment.

Amy White said...

Great CAS Christmas card showcasing the ribbon tree technique! Love the touches of silver sparkle too...

Darlene Gabriel said...

I LOVE t his picture of Cassidy.......just comtemplating life??
Your card is so pretty. The ribbon tree is gorgeous. I love how you used the negative from your framelit as your frame.
I hope your headache clears very quickly.

None None said...

Adorable - both your card with the ribbons used and Cassidy! She sure looks like she's grown up tremendously in the space of a month!

Bev Gomez said...

Darling Card LeAnne. so clever. Cassidy's pics are so sweet always. I hope you are feeling better now.
Hugs, Bev

Colleen Dietrich said...

Darling tree card, LeAnne! HOpe your sinus headache has disappeared by now. :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a festively fun CAS card, LeAnne! Love how you used the ribbons to create the framed tree. The popped up dimension is a great touch. Of course, you can't go wrong with those little spots of sparkle, either. Fabulous take on my frames challenge this week! Big hugs! :)

Renee said...

Love your cards ! So so cute!

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use ribbon! It makes a wonderful tree!

Ann Schach said...

Fun and cute, LeAnne! And this describes both your card and Cassidy! What a blessing to have such an adorable granddaughter in your life!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh I've been "die-ing" to try this technique! Love your ribbon tree and the sweet little star. All that fun DSP really lets the tree pop! And the extra bit for the trunk is an amazing detail!!

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the creative use of ribbon in the cut out.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my entry this week - the embossing folder I used is by cuttlebug and I believe it's called snowflake dots. Hope that helps.

Karen M said...

Hi LeAnne, you have so many beautiful projects on your blog and I so enjoyed the little photos of Cassidy...she is so cute! Kx

H2 :) said...

Love the negative tree space filled with pretty ribbon & the popped up sparkly star - such a fabulous look! Very sweet card LeAnne! :)