Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ColourQ160

DSCF0128

Hey everyone!  Happy Tuesday to you….and it’s ColourQ day!  Check out this fun banner inspiration:

cqc160

These are great Halloween colors, but I went in a little bit of a different direction, taking my cue from that spooky tree:

LeAnne_CQC160

I mixed up some different stamp sets here, randomly stamping my leaf image in the challenge colors on a black tree, adding some fun embossing and a couple of buttons!  I cut down some big blingy leaf stickers my friend Martha gave me to add a little sparkly interest:

DSCF0126

I also added a little popped-up leaf at the bottom, next to my sentiment!  I hope you are inspired to make a spooky or fun creation with these colors!  Check out the ColourQ blog to see ALL the fabulous stuff the Courtiers have created this week!  And remember, if you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

While I was sweeping the floor last week, Cassidy told me she was going to “sweep” with the dustbroom:

DSCF0103

Great hand movement!

DSCF0106

DSCF0107

I didn’t have the heart to tell her I usually don’t sweep the walls and doors! 

17 comments:

June Houck said...

Nice job with the color challenge. I see Miss C is helping again. Was this easier than sweeping the porch?

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the tree and how you did the leaves. The topping is those two glittery leaves.

I wonder how many child labor laws you broke?

Linda said...

I love this card!!! I love that black tree and your little colorful leaves!! I love the embossing and the buttons. Did I mention I love this card?!?!?!

Bev Gomez said...

Good morning LeAnne. Dang wish I could play this week. Love your card and can you send Cassie over to help me clean when I get home? LOL! Hugs,Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card LeAnne your tree is so unique and I love the leaves.

kat said...

I LOVE your colors on the card; so fresh for fall! AND, of course, LOVE love Cassidy's dusting; she can come dust my walls and doors here in Arizona anytime she wants cuz we need to do it here in the desert [and I don't do it often enough!].

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne, love your tree! Great way to use these colors, I am getting a little tired of them! Cassidy is quite the helper, you are so lucky to have her with you each day! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the way you used these colors! The zig zag embossing is so cool! Not to mention the tree and the shimmery leaves. Fantastic!

Wendy said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! Love these colors and the stamps you used! :)

Linda said...

Oh what a doll! Can you send her to my house?
Love love love that card. Those colors are great. Something about that purple and I don't really like purple but on this it looks great!

MarvA1ix said...

What a stunning card, and fabulous colors. I feel bad I'm not going to get to make a card for the challenge, but will sure save the color challenge to do later :)

Marlena M. said...

I love your gorgeous card LeAnne~look at girlie all grown up and helping. She's such a cutie!

Jenn said...

LeAnne this card is fabulous, I love the way you used the colours-just stunning! And that little Miss Cassidy is too too cute!

Bonnie said...

What beautiful leaves! And I love the skewed panel! It adds a playful touch. I've been giving Jack damp paper towels because he loves to "clean". He's closer to the floor than I am. Isn't it great when we can get some help with the housework?

Terry said...

I love this card. The colors POP. That's nice of Cassidy to sweep the walls. I don't do that much either, unless there's a spider web! lol

Andrea W said...

Fantastic card! I love the tree and coloured leaves. Very pretty!

Karen Clark said...

I'm having a kind of head-achey kind of day, so I thought I'd go out and spread the love--> BUT, I think it's all been said!! What an awesome card: colors, tree, glitz. style, sentiment, embossing!! You really brought it all together - and then topped it off with photos and stories of your darling daughter!! Love your blog too!!