Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From Our House to Yours

Today's SCS challenge was to use a pop of color with a neutral.  While listening to the Phillies win (and almost lose) their ball game last night, I was playing around with a CHF image from their Night Before Christmas set.  I had also seen this lovely creation by Susan and knew I could combine my image and her style to make a nice card.  It also uses a loose interpretation of the the Fall to Layout #64 sketch as well!

DSCF5735-1

I would have liked to have had the bow over a tiny little bit, but I made a one-hole bow, and once you punch that hole, you're kind of committed!  But once I put the sentiment on, it balanced it a bit!  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Night Before Christmas, CHF
  • Paper:  Kraft, Shimmery White, Scarlet Jewel, PTI
  • Ink:  Sahara Sand, Stazon Black, Chocolate Chip, various reinkers
  • Acc:  SAMJ, Nesties, Scarlet Jewel Twill, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, DD Glitter & glue pen

DSCF5739

14 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!

Elise said...

Oh, goodness! LeAnne, this is darling! Kinda reminds me of Thomas Kinkade and all of that magic! Very beautifully done! Gosh, the neutral and POP of color never ceases to delight! Looks like you hit "the zone!" I'm sure the Philly's win helped, too!

Carol L said...

I love the simple, clean look of this gorgeous card! You perfectly colored that small image, and I love the text stamping along the bottom! Great card!! TFS!

Juanita said...

I love how you did this card. I guess you could have put the image on the other side of the bow.

Linda said...

Wow LeAnne, I love the pop of color on your card. I followed your link to learn how you did the bow. I never saw one before. I love it. Thanks for the lesson.

Caryl P said...

Beautiful LeAnne, it makes me feel like curling up by the fire on a cold evening. I love the layout, and will definitely need to try out the one hole bow. Thanks for the link!

PS--Go YANKS!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, LeAnne, this is WONDERFUL! It's so warm and totally captures the spirit of the holidays! Love the image and how you colored it!

Diane Noble said...

Beautiful! I'm really starting to get into Christmas. This is just gorgeous. Love it.

Julia Aston said...

The scarlet jewell looks wonderful against the kraft LeAnne! and what a pretty scene stamp! I wish I was going to the PA stamping around so I could get to meet you!!!

Barbara said...

Another CAS stunner, LeAnne. Gorgeous!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oooooo, Love It!! Clean and simple vintage - you do it beautifully, and I love your coloring on the image!

Ann said...

Wonderful creation, LeAnne!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

ooo great colors Leanne! I love the country feel of this card very much! Have a great week!