Monday, November 2, 2009

Lovely as a Tree Meets CAS

DSCF5720

I have not had much stamping time this weekend, but I did squeeze in a fun mini "class" on watercoloring with my friend Lorraine and her mom Anna.  So when I saw today's Clean & Simple Challenge #39 on SCS, I knew I could incorporate one of my samples into the sketch:

DSCF5719-1

I already had a Sahara Sand base cut;  I added a panel from BG's Ambrosia.  I quickly stamped a little leaf and watercolored it, popped it with a little circle punch, then cut out my tree with a Nestie.  I originally wanted to tie the leaf onto the ribbon (see the little hole?) but couldn't make it look right, so I just tucked it under the ribbon with a dimensional.  I just happen to need a get-well card for a dear friend from church--during the service yesterday, he fell ill and passed out....much to the surprise and dismay of everyone!!  He is fine, but stayed in the hospital overnight and hopefully will be home in a day or so.  So I thought this would be a great card for him!   And I doubt he'll even notice that little hole!   Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
  • Paper:  Sahara Sand, Watercolor, BG Ambrosia
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Earth Elements
  • Acc:  Nesties, Circle Punch, misc satin ribbon, dimensionals, aquapainter

11 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, what a pretty card, sure to make your friend feel better!

Ann said...

Wowza, that is one gorgeous CAS card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, imagine this next word in the biggest font possible... WOW! The colors on that tree are STUNNING, LeAnne!!! Awesome work!

Doris said...

That Autumn Tree is gorgeous--great job in coloring! (and coordinating)

Carol L said...

What a lovely tree you've colored! I hope your friend is ok, and I'm sure this card is going to have him feeling better in no time!

Harriet Skelly said...

LeAnne - you colored that tree so beautifully! I'm sure your friend will appreciate this awesome card!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Dear LeAnne! How special you are for me! I receive your card today!!! It very sweet and gentle!!!! Thank you!!!! We looked and touched it with all my family! My girls especially to like it!!!! Thanks!!!!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

ouh my Special "Name" Friend LeAnne - I love your card - I always admire your creativity - I would like to say WHOW to you - where to you get all these wonderful inspiration - I just think you are wonderful
have a good day
and look forward to your colour challenge tomorrow!

Janine said...

Fabulous LeAnne!!!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
Hugs -
Kay

Juanita said...

Great card. I thought the little hole on the leaf had floss or something tying it on the ribbon. So if I was fooled, perhaps he will be too :)