Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wonderful Friend

DSCF5951

My last card for today is one I finally completed for the JUGS Color Challenge #8, and the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch #126:

JUGS8ssc126

I had an embossed heart from Always laying on my desk (I am in clean-up mode) from a Diva challenge where I used the wrong color, so I thought I would incorporate it into my card:

DSCF5950

An interesting sketch; I struggled a little with it and the colors, although these are some of my favorites!!  The heart was stamped in Bashful Blue craft ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used Bashful Blue ink and an aquapainter to wash some color over the embossing for shadowing & depth.   Papers are from the Hostess Patterns III pack; you may be able to see the floral pattern from Boho Backgrounds stamped on the Bashful Blue panel at the bottom.  I was asked in an earlier post what white ink I use, but there was no email address to which I could reply; I almost always use SU's Craft White ink, which is what I used here and on my Top Note snowman's snowflakes!  The sentiment is also from Boho Backgrounds, it is not a set I use very often, but I should!  The three little flowers have some non-SU bling added to the centers.

Thanks for visiting today, I am so glad you did! 

20 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a sweet and pretty card! I love the heart image and colors!

AKiteFlier said...

EEEEEK! Totally adorable LeAnne - love love it! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again Saturday for our next challenge! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry I ran out of time and didn't get to CTD this week - was 5 days in Boston on business. Now playing catch up.

Lesley said...

LeAnne,

This card is so pretty! I love all the elements and of course the colour combo!!!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Martina said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the color combo!

Mona Pendleton said...

BEAUTIFUL card LeAnne! I love that big blue heart! You did a fantastic job with combining challenges! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge! I hope you can join us Saturday for a fun template challenge hosted by me :)

Lisa Kind said...

Oh LeAnne, this is so pretty! Love all the flourishes on these! You always make SU look fab! Glad you had a leftover to get you inspired! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Liane, this is so lovely - it's soft and pretty and fun all at the same time. I love how you mix patterns and papers - it's one of your strengths as a stamper. Great job here!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 411 this week!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Selene Kempton said...

Holy Shnikies! This is stunning! Do you mind if I case you? Wowzer!!!

Linda D. said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Andrea M said...

Wow LeAnne! Gorgeous! I just love what you did with the color challenge and the sketch! Sincerely fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card... It's stunning. I love everything about it. especially the colors. you r ocked the sketch!

Patti Chesky said...

Okay, this is AWESOME!!! I love that color combo......wow!!!

gbarron56 said...

Oh LeeAnn -- I love the Always stamp set and I don't think to use it often. You did this so very well. Beautiful card and Wonderful job with this week's sketch challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Blessings, Gretchen

TrishG said...

Wow, gorgeous! Amazing layers. Beautiful elements. Love it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I just love this set and am happy to see it in this sketch. You've done a beautiful job with it. Love the color combo!!

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous!!! Love the design, and the colors are perfect for it! Great job with the color challenge!

♥Lea

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, LeAnne! You rocked that sketch and colors!

Unknown said...

Love the double Modern Label! Great job with the sketch, and with the colors, too!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Congrats on having your card chosen for the Stamping 411 Stampers Showcase. It's fabulous!

The Crafty Lady said...

This card is so beautiful. I love It!