Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Color Throwdown #67

Today is Tammy's turn to throw down some colors, and the ones she chose really threw me for a loop!  I took some license with the colors and used some BG Marrakesh paper which has the colors (and a couple more---!!!) and then made my stamped image fairly simple.

swatch67 

I pulled out my Always set, which is "always" being neglected, and combined it with Circle Circus to make this card, based on the Mojo Monday sketch #111:

DSCF5733-1

Since there is so much activity going on in this beautiful paper, I simply stamped my bird silhouette on a Confetti White panel in Dusty Durango, and made a medallion from various images and the challenge colors.  Sentiment is from MFT Essential Sentiments; ribbon is Dusty Durango Polka Dot.  There is some Jelly Roll glitter on the bird, too!  This card is already long gone; I used it for a birthday card for a friend from church suffering from cancer.  Sadly, this will be her last birthday, I am sure.

Be sure to check out all the other CTD creations and get in on the act yourself!  Post your card to your blog or online gallery, then link it back to Mr Linky  at the CTD blog.  You don't have to use the exact colors if you don't have them, just something close, and you could be our Featured Stamper or our Guest Designer!!!  Give it a shot!  And you can see all the other creations here:

Thanks for visiting today--have a blessed day!  If you have any questions about anything regarding the card, let me know!

DSCF5726

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely, LeAnne! I never thought to use that paper but it's perfect!!!

Elise said...

Well, there you go, you busy lil' crafter! This is FAB use of these colors and if you didn't admit they were a struggle, I'd have NEVER guessed! Beautiful work and thank goodness you gave that set some LOVE! I looks loved now! Yippee!

Broni said...

Oh my gosh! I've got that paper and never even thought to use it!! Beautiful card, LeAnne!!

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful!! I love that dp!

Carol L said...

This is SO pretty! I love that super glittery bird and all the beautiful colors on that dsp! Great ribbon treatment on the image panel too!
BTW, everything went fine today :)

Cathy Rulli said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the beautiful papers and you fantastic layout! This is a stunner, so beautifully done!

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS LeAnne! This card is so colorful & pretty! Have a great time in Philly! :)

Davi said...

This is the coolest dp on the background. I realllly like it. The cool sparkly bird and the way you did the layered circle.

Tammy Hershberger said...

I think a lot of people found the Marrakech paper to be a good match! This is outstanding, LeAnne!