Friday, November 20, 2009

A Pity Party

I don't even feel like posting today....ever have one of those days (weeks)?  My computer is wonky; I slept on my glasses and broke them (you know what NEW ones cost); I went out to breakfast yesterday with some friends, came home and got immediately got sick; and today my Pumpkin pooped on the carpet RIGHT NEXT TO THE LITTER BOX.  What's up with that?  Okay, now that I have that out of my system, I'll show you my little post.  First up is the PPA17 Challenge.  I loved Ann Schach's submission here.  And I saw another cute card somewhere in blogland yesterday that gave me an idea (can't find it now---didn't write it down).  But when I tried to put them together, I failed.  So while this is okay, it is not what I started out with---another pity party.  Here's the sketch challenge:

PPA17

And here's the card:

DSCF5920-1

The ribbon looks saggy here---but it is not really; and there is a nice little line of sparkle around each square that is not apparent here.  This is a nice, subtle, not-in-your-face card, but not what I was really going for.  So I'll try again another time.  I did have some fun with some digi vintage postcard  images I had purchased a long time ago off eBay, but since I didn't knew how to isolate a single image from the sheet, I never did a thing with them.  While at SAPhilly, my wonderful gifted friend Kristin showed me how to crop those images---oh happy day!!!  I played around with them and although this was my first attempt and it was done very quickly-my prototype, if you will--I will be making some more of these vintage postcard ornaments.  They are really easy and I CASEd this idea from another stamper---again, I didn't write it down, but I know she did Halloween images--maybe someone can tell me.  Anyway, here is my first attempt:

DSCF5912-1 

 

It looks so much sweeter IRL!  Remember, these are supposed to be vintage---I coated it with a nice sparkly MS snow glitter and mounted it on a copper nestie, then glued on some tinsel.  Does anyone know if they actually make & sell vintage tinsel? 

 


Here is a closeup:

 

DSCF5913

And my dear sweet friend Carol also sent me some stamped images of Christmas words, so I made another one of the little images and mounted it on a card:

DSCF5910-1

I feel so much better now....have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Janine said...

Oh LeAnne!! I hope you are feeling better!! I know I have those days here and there. Nothing but nothing goes right!
And Pumpkin pooping just probably sent you right into a tailspin I bet!!!
Have a better weekend. Any plans for Thanksgiving??

Sam said...

ooh I like you PPA17 card - you've given me an idea!! I will let you know when I have used your layout!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Bummer that you're having such an awful time of it. I think you need a prescription of... stamping! It always makes me feel better. Funny thing is, the card you made is still fabulous as always. I love the clean and simple feel. Hope your weekend turns out better than your week!

Elise said...

Well, you should FEEL BETTER N O W ! Sheesh, you got your craft on, girl! These are spectacular and look like you had a ton of fun in the making so GIDDY UP and get over the pity! {Do as I say.... ha ha!} THESE are FLIPPIN' fabulous, you crafty craftress!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that layout and will have to give it a try. Your card is really pretty. Oh and your stamp offs are on their way. What a time you've been having - I guess it can just get better, huh? Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I can only smile while listening to your unaligned self today...Hugs friend! ~Donna

Carol L said...

It sounds like Mercury is in retrograde with so many things going wrong at one time! I feel bad for you, but I'm hyterical after reading that your pumpkin pooped!!! ROFL!! You are TOO funny :)
Your cards all turned out lovely in spite of so many things going wrong. I really like them all! BTW, your sweet little t/y card arrived yesterday - thank you so much :) I'm glad I was able to help you out in such a small way:)
Here's wishing you a BETTER weekend:)

Sabrina Jackson said...

LeAnne, I am sorry you are not feeling well on top of all those other things not going the right way!!! Hope it all turns around for ya!!! Girl, your cards are amazing...absolutely breathtaking. I love the first one..oh tey are so my colors. And your Christmas card...WOW...that is about all I can say. Beautyful!!! Hugs and blessings your way, Sabrina

Juanita said...

I love the Trendy Trees in white! I am gasping and sighing all over the place.
I really like what you did with the vintage images, that is a super fun look. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
I am sorry you are not having a great run of luck, you are such a sweet and generous lady, you only deserve the best from life.

Leonie said...

Poor you, I too am having one of those "months", havnt even had time between all the sick kids etc to blog surf in ages, so this morning I made sure I made the time, I miss it! Your creations are beautiful, and heres to a fabulous week ahead! lol!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your PPA card in the brown tones - and with that great scallop square. And your Christmas card is outstanding - however you did that - it's a wonderful look!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, girl, I hate days like that. They BITE! I hope you have a better day today.

Your cards are both so sweet. I especially love that vintage one with all the yummy sparkle. AWESOME!

Caryl P said...

It's your party and you can cry if you want to....
But the cards are gorgeous, I love your PPA card. Thanks for the reminder for me to play! Hope the weekend is a complete opposite of this bad day!

Doris said...

Oh, gosh--I've had whole weeks like that! In fact, I think this has been one of them. I'm still trying to recover from a bad case of bronchitis (two weeks now.) You KNOW it's bad when I'm not stamping. Maybe if all the bad incidents were spread out more though,we'd miss the humor in them. Praise God for cats--they keep us laughing! Have a Happy Thanksgiving--we certainly are blessed!

ChristlMC said...

I love the first card - subtle and pretty! I have a question - what white ink do you use? My white images never 'pop' the way I hope they do.

Margaret Moody said...

I love your PPA card and your beautiful ornaments, LeAnne! They are all so pretty! I love what you did with the sketch! The scalloped square really ties the images together well! Super job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along at PPA!

Barbara said...

I'm so sorry you had so many things go wrong at once!! I HATE when that happens. Just look at those gorgeous cards you made and you're bound to feel better! Hugs!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sorry you had such a bad day! I had a good laugh though because I forgot that Pumpkin is your cat! I was picturing an actual pumpkin, and wondering how in the world it pooped on the carpet! LOL

These cards are awesome! LOVE that vintage tinsel on the second one!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Thanks for playing @ PPA!

We hope you'll come see our Paper Artist Picks Wednesday, November 25.

AND of course, play in our next challenge Thursday, November 26.

Ann Schach said...

Hey...I can relate to a wonky computer! Great card, LeAnne! I love the colors and your use of Trendy Trees! And, thanks for the shout out!