Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Diva Coffee Break Designs #152

DCBD152

The Divas have a color challenge today and I guess my mojo is missing, because these were a stretch!  I wanted to do something Christmas and vintage, as these seemed good vintage colors....unfortunately, I don't have any stamps to fit that bill!  I did need a hostess thank you, and she ordered Lovely as a Tree, so I decided to make a Christmas card she can use:

DSCF5728-1

I tried to use a sketch from Stamping 411 and got frustrated as my image was too large, so I turned it on its side and made my own sketch!  The base is Creamy Caramel; mat is Bravo Burgundy embossed with the Finial Press embossing folder, then antiqued with BB ink.  The scalloped edge was punched from Creamy Caramel as well, then I split it half and pulled it apart, so it has a sueded feel.  The tree is stamped in Always Artichoke on Confetti Cream, and glittered up with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  Here's the inside:

DSCF5723 My Kraft taffeta ribbon was not quite the right color, so I dyed it with some Creamy Caramel ink...that is a cool way you can get just about every color of ribbon!!  Keep it in mind the next time you're placing a SU order--white ribbon and reinkers!!!  (And I can help you with that!)

Be sure to stop by the Diva blog to take a peek at all the creations, and play along with us!  Put your creation there with Mr Linky and you might get chosen as our Featured Stamper!  Woohoo!  Thanks for visiting today!

10 comments:

TrishG said...

Love this card! Great layout and little details. Nice job with the colors.

Kim said...

Very pretty LeAnne!! Great job with the colors!I've got to get that stamp set, I've been eyeing it forever! Of course now that I get it, you know it will retire at the end of this catty. LOL

Barbara said...

Oh, my, this is gorgeous!!

Elise said...

Well, now you've got me all excited to give some love to some of the "oldies and goodies" in the S/U! vault! This is SO gorgeous and well put together - again, would NOT have known you struggled! It's truly beautiful, and vintagy AND I love how you stamped and stamped-off the trees inside: great touch!

Thanks for suggesting I give DIVA challenge a try, that's a new one to me! Hmmmmmm! ;o)

rebecca said...

I love this card...I need something special...and this will fit the bill...thanks for sharing, I never get tired of lovely as a tree..

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful!!!!

Carol L said...

THis is just gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors, layout and beautiful design! WTG on this beauty!!

Karen B. said...

I'm glad that you got a bit frustrated because your own layout fits the bill lovely on this card. Thanks for the great tip about ribbon and reinkers as well.

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE those colors! This is fabulous, LeAnne! The embossing folder you used is awesome, and I love all your great little details!

Kirsten said...

Hi LeAnn, I am playing catch up today on last weeks challenge. This is a wonderful card. I love the vintagey feel to the card, it was a great use of the colors!