Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Color Throwdown #68

swatch68

Broni is our CTD hostess this week and her colors of Real Red, Only Orange and Crushed Curry, along with a dark neutral, gave me an "eeeek" moment!  But I checked out some of the new Indian Summer BG paper I just received, and found some that was perfect for the challenge.

Now I know this is different from my usual style!   Monkeys are not high on my stamping priority list, but I thought with this jungle-like paper, a cute little monkey face peeking out from the leaves would fit the challenge perfectly, so I used a cute little Simon Says Stamp set called Silly Monkey.  I also used Fall to Layout #67  from the Clean and Simple blog:

DSCF5801-1

and here's the layout:

Fall to Layout #67 The card base is Crushed Curry, with my monkey stamped in Palette Noir and colored with Copics.  Nesties, SU punches and some brads finished it off!  I hand-drew some lines on the stamped leaves to mimic the leaves in the paper.

 

 

Feel free to stop by the CTD blog and submit your own creation using these challege colors; you can link your direct post right there to Mr Linky and be in the running for the Featured Stamper or guest designer!!!  If you don't have these exact colors, just use something close!  Have fun!  And be sure to check out the sponsor info--you could win some blog candy, too!  And here are the other designers so you can check out their awesome work:

17 comments:

Juanita said...

Wow! That is an image I did not expect from you. I did not figure you for monkeys.
Great work on this challenge, I love it.

Elise said...

This is FUNNY! Seasonal, yet unexpected... I loved it, LeAnne! No monkey business here - YOU'RE fabulous!

Carol L said...

I never could have imagined a monkey on that dsp, but you pulled it off perfectly! Cute :)

Denise Marzec said...

Hehe! What a FUN card with that little monkey's face peeking out!!

Jane Wetzel said...

I am cracking up over here! How cute is this?? I love this dp too! :)

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE that little monkey poking his head through the leaves of that gorgeous paper! This is adorable!! Love the layout and the embellishments you added also...your elements came together nicely ;] Good luck prepping for your stampin get togethers!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute card LeAnne! You really made the challenge colors work! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Barbara said...

NOT your usual style but you made it work! LOVE your little monkey face peeking out! That paper is perfect--why didn't *I* think to use it!?

B said...

Fun! Love the monkey on the paper! So cute! I never would have thought to put the two together but its so cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute card, LeAnne! You should monkey around more often!

Renee said...

Why is it everytime I visit it looks like you've been working your tail off stamping!! Your cards and projects are all so cute and you are such an inspiration to me!

Hugs
Renee

Broni said...

Too cute, LeAnne! A Monkey Flower!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Cute!!!!!

Davi said...

This is just too cute. The perfect paper to go with that darling monkey!!

hayleycreates said...

Love how you mixed in the BG paper. I always have a challenge using pp on my cards! I love what you've done. Thanks for the inspiration. (and for the kind words on my blog!)

Janine said...

Love what you did LeAnne!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh so cute! I hope you are sending this to Bar!!!