Monday, November 9, 2009

Giving Thanks

DSCF5796

(Edited to add: I think I must have seen this beautiful card by Donna before I stamped mine....they are so similar, that I must give her credit!! I believe I subconsciously had hers in my head!!!) I need to amp up my supply of Thanksgiving cards, as I do send some to family members that we don't see until Christmas. Today's SCS Clean & Simple challenge was to use white and one color......and I began my card using VANILLA and one color. Go figure. Oh well, I used the JUGS6 sketch:

JUGS6

and a hostess set called Holiday Best, the leaf from Autumn Days and the little text is from PTI, Text Basics I think it is. All images are stamped in Sahara Sand; cardstock is Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla and Bella Bleu. A little twill and Kraft ribbon are accented with a slide from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I used a Nestability to cut out my image rather than the circle shown in the sample...I know, I am such a rebel! LOL!

DSCF5797-1

I am still recovering from the weekend....I haven't pulled out all my projects from my bag yet. I was so overwhelmed by all we were doing that I didn't finish everything!!! So as I finish them, I'll share them. But I do have a couple things to show you, items that I made for my girlfriends before I left..... I'll be showing them along this week too. I made these little candy baskets using SU's Box #2 die cut:

DSCF5758-1

(this was Tammy's--she likes ORANGE)

DSCF5759-1

The cardstock is Dusty Durango; DP is all from Basic Grey; sentiments are from CHF. Inside is some yummy homemade orange & chocolate candy. It was all I could do to NOT eat this while assembling this gift!!! Here are some photos of the area around the Glasbern Inn too:

DSCF5778

The view from the side of our porch:

DSCF5776-1

The view from our patio...yes, those are goats!! And a pond!! And frost!

DSCF5781

And the mural over the fireplace in the dining area. Just amazing! Well, thanks for visiting today....be sure to come back again tomorrow; hopefully I'll have some mojo for some new things!

DSCF5800

27 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS card LeAnne! I love the monochromatic color scheme. It is so soft & inviting looking! I would have to be quality control & sample those goodies before packaging in that gorgeous gift box/bag :) Those country pictures sure are beautiful! Thanks for sharing these pictures & I am so happy that you had a fantastic trip! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

P.S. thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week at Just Us Girls! I hope you join us next week for another fun challenge! :)

Harriet Hensley said...

The card is gorgeous ..... love your farm and how pretty the frost is and your fireplace and the mural are breathtaking...thanks for sharing

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, see how freakin' TIRED I was! It did not even register that you had taken the time to make my gift ORANGE!!! You are so thoughtful!

Your card turned out beautiful! That soft neutrals are so elegant!

Elise said...

Oh, oh, oh! I WANT to go THERE! Such great photos! BEAUTIFUL! Too bad you pared them in this post with that magnificent card and DROP-DEAD gorgeous box and mouth-watering chocolate.... Kinda overshadowed nature's beauty with that of YOUR fabulous talent! But that's the risk you take ~ being so talented and all. YEE HAW!

Sam said...

wow - I just love that card you've got there - love those falling leaves on the circle cards!!

Lavonne (tweetygirl) said...

I love your card LeAnne! It's really pretty. Any chance you might share the recipe for the orange chocolate candy??? :) Nice pictures from your trip too.

Elaine M said...

What an amazing card - the color is perfect for so many different occasions. Thx for sharing your pics too.
Hugs - Elaine Moore

Anonymous said...

I can taste this card is is so beautiful! WOW!!!! BEYOND GORGEOUS! The time away was good for you!

Broni said...

More wonderful photos, LeAnne! Your card is gorgeous! I love the elegance of the vanilla!!

Andrea M said...

LeeAnn - This is fantastic!!! Another absolutely gorgeous card! I, too, love the soft neutrals. WOW!!! Love your work - so inspiring :)

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful card and what a cute candy holder! (the candy looks pretty yummy too!) Awesome pics! Glad you had a fun trip! TFS! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

ChristineCreations said...

Oh My WORD that Bella card is just outstanding LeAnne, wow such fantastic details with the muted color scheme.

Sounds like you had a really fun trip!

Lisa Kind said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the monochromatic scheme you used! It's such a soothing card to look at, if you know what I mean!

It looks like your weekend was so beautiful! I'd love to attend something like this! Keep me informed for next year if that's possible! ;-)

Ann said...

Oooooh, this creamy card is absolutely gorgeous!!! TFS the pics, too!

Carol L said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I LOVE the color theme - it's so subtle and elegant! TFS the photos - looks like you had a fantastic time!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

oh my... Your card is so gorgeous!!! I love it - lots!

And what a great place:)

Christie said...

This card is absolutely stunning!

Leigh said...

Oh that card is lovely. It's wonderful to see your photos too, something we don't see where I am is snow.

Jetstudio Designs said...

very pretty, I like the vanilla look.

Maria said...

Fabulous job! Love you take on the sketch and you little treat box is awesome.

Great pics! TFS! Thanks for playing along with us.

penniem said...

What a gorgeous, stunning card LeAnne - and all of the other items in this post are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love the color scheme. The pictures are gorgeous and I know all of you had a wonderful time. Sharing with others something that you enjoy doing is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.

AKiteFlier said...

THUD - oh you rebel LeAnne! This monochromatic card is stunning! And I love the lables 4 nestie instead of the circle - but you already knew it was OK to use any shape! LOL I truly love how this turned out - down to the little leaves along the edge. Great photos, yummy treat box - you are going to share those right?... With all of us?!? Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls again. We love seeing some "regulars" beginning to develop - nice to have your talent here as well. Hope to see you again on Saturday for our next technique challenge!

Kristin Eberline said...

Ahhh...I love your non-conformist ways, my friend! LOL Your card is so ELEGANT! I LOVE it!!! FABULOUS color combination and love that DP.

Okay, so I read your post the other day but I didn't have time to comment. Let me just say that you had me drooling when you explained where you bought our candy, so I promptly opened my chocolate. PB and chocolate?! OMG!!! My ABSOLUTE fave combination! You've been paying attention I see ;] THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! They are delicious and I love the two different kinds you bought...YUMMMMMM

Love your pictures of the inn also...I need to save yours and Becky's to my computer for later use :O) All I got were a bunch of the sheep dog and the great ones of you, me and Tammy ;]

I'll chat with you soon via email...I'm playing catch up.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card! Love all the leaf details including the one hanging off the ribbon. GREAT card!

Bethany Paull said...

LeAnne! That is the most stunning card. I'm really drooling here. I love the soothing colors that work so well with all those yummy patterns. Wow!