Friday, November 27, 2009

Three Easy Pieces

DSCF5977 Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  My sister-in-law is an excellent cook, so we all had our fill of turkey and stuffing!

 

This week's Limited Supply Challenge at SCS is to make several cards using the same elements, different layouts.  The Pals Paper Arts Challenge is to make a "simple" card with a limited number of layers.  I had lots of play time today but just really couldn't make anything work the way I wanted it to, but I will add these to my card stash as I am sure they will be put to good use anyway.  Sorry for the poor photos; I hope your computer shows these colors better than mine does.

DSCF5976

I had several pieces of Real Red left from a large project, so I used these as my starting point; stamped or wheeled each one with a different background (difficult to see here).  I used the Soft Holly Wheel, Baroque Borders wheel and Medallion background stamps; the snowflake is from Patterned Pines and each one is mounted on a Handsome Hunter nestie.  Once I got my basic idea, the layouts were simple & easy.  Each snowflake also has a little sparkly disc in its center; I have NO idea where these came from!!!  But they look cool!!   Here's a pic of each card:

DSCF5972

DSCF5968

DSCF5966

Any questions, just shoot me an email!  TFL!

18 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

whow LeAnne
super wonderful cards you have made here
I sure love the Red and White
and the textured panels
Fabulous!
Way to go!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Did those sparkly discs come from Stamping Bella? I got some of those too, when she sent us stamps for the Throwdown only mine are red.

These are fabulous cards, LeAnne! I love how bright the red is, paired with the white stitched ribbon!

Carol L said...

What a great set of cards! I love the matching ribbon to the red and white combo and hunter is the perfect color to compliment them all! Nice job!
I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner........we were probably close enough to shout to one another! LOL

Margaret Moody said...

I love these cards, LeAnne! Love the textured panels, the colors, their simplicity! Gorgeous! Great job with the challenge!

mudmaven said...

These cards are just gorgeous! Love the red and white - so elegant. Great job! Gotta get me some of that stitched ribbon - such a temptress you are! ~chris

Unknown said...

Great job, LeAnne! I love the texture and the clean and simple layout! The colors that you selected are so crisp! Great job with the challenges! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

There are gteat - I love red and white for the holidays - very classy!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh CUTE! I love the pop or red against white. Great multi play of your supplies!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh what a fun challenge...a sketch set! Beautiful cards, girl. LOVE that white ribbon with the red stitching.

Emma Fewkes said...

LeAnne, these 3 are wonderful. Love the simplicity and the wonderful colour combo.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are wonderful LeAnne! A truly terrific set of cards! That ribbon works perfectly here! I'm so glad that I was able to drop in this evening! It's been too long! As always, you've been doing some beautiful work! :D

Diana said...

Those are wonderful cards! I also found the lighting is a tricky thing when taking photos for the cards, but I think yours turn out pretty good.

Elise said...

Hello, DARLING work! These are gorgeous! I love the crisp and elegant designs and celebration-o-all things paper crafty and wonderful! You are SUCH and fun and inspiring talent ~ you KNOW that, missy! Thanks for the great share1

Lisa Foster said...

WOW...these are gorgeous!!!! That ribbon is so pretty..perfect with your cards! Love them!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lynn Put said...

These are all such beautiful cards! I love the red and white with all of the pretty wheeled back grounds!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty cards LeAnne. Sweet & simple!

Juanita said...

Love these.
I recently tried making some OSW for my MIL, they turned out in a similar fashion to these. All 10 cards have very similar elements, just a few layout changes.
You did a great job LeAnne!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Thanks for playing @ PPA!

We hope you'll come see our Paper Artist Picks Wednesday, December 2.

AND of course, play in our next challenge Thursday, December 3.