Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nothing Much Exciting

DSCF5819

is going on today.....it's raining, gray, dreary....and I only have two little cards to show you.  Nothing exciting there, either.  But I'll show them to you anyway and maybe this afternoon I can come up with something more fun!

This first card is a hostess thank you:

DSCF5820-1 I had some pieces hanging out on my craft table, so I incorporated them into this card using the hostess set Of The Earth and Heart From the Heart.  A Nestie scalloped square and Swiss Dotted panel adds a little interest.  I have tons of these Kraft pieces left over from a card class..I need to use them up!

This card is a get-well card for a church friend who is going though another bout of cancer; this Lovely as a Tree image was left over from my recent watercoloring class.  It was hanging out on my table too, along with that BG Indian Summer paper, so I paired them up to make one of these funny-looking cards:


DSCF5821-1

I put the panel to the right because I didn't want to cover up that pretty leaf image!  I also wanted to use that nice satin ribbon, but didn't want a bow, so I just laid it across the card. Some dew drops (can ANYONE get them on straight?) finished it off....I hope he doesn't think it's too girly!

Any questions, give me a shout!  Thanks for visiting today!  Blessings to you all!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Pretty cards LeAnne! I love the coloring on the leaves!

Juanita said...

I think all the imagery here shouts of masculinity.
Great job on the get well card, but I am loving the first card, it seems so simple, but its genius is in the simplicity.
If North America is covered in cloud all winter long, there is going to be a spike in the sales of light therapy lamps!

Elaine M said...

I agree with Juanita - I really like your first card - especially the flower on the right - just the perfect touch

Your second card is beautiful and I think he'll really like it.

You always have the best ideas
Hugs

dpkennedy said...

Lovely card! Your dew drops look straight to me...but probably because I am usually crooked myself!

mudmaven said...

I love both of these cards! I can't imagine anyone not loving either one of them! ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wonderful cards, LeAnne! Beautiful color combinations!