Sunday, November 29, 2009

Color Q Challenge #8

DSCF5991

I found a new fun color challenge site called Color Q, hosted by a long-time Color Throwdown participant, Arielle.  She is quite a creative stamper and these were such fun colors, I just had to play:

cqc8

I had some Basic Grey paper, but I wanted this to be all-SU as I needed another customer thank you card.  I had to resort to mostly cardstock, as I could not find ANY DP in my stash that matched these colors!  I think I forgot to look in my Patterns Hostess pack---oh well!  I had fun making this and I hope you can get the effect, as it was a little difficult to photograph:

DSCF5993

I cut a window in my card with a square Nestability, then another one in a Bravo Burgundy scalloped square.  I mounted some SU Snowflake--printed acetate beneath the window and made a little scene with the snowmen from The More the Merrier inside.  The scalloped topper is made using Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Bashful Blue, and all the snowflakes on the front are stamped in Craft White.  I used my SAMJ to reposition the sentiment and after stamping in Bravo Burgundy, punched it with a small oval punch.   I used the squares that were punched out for my inside:

DSCF5990

 

 

Snowflakes used were from Christmas Punch and Short and Sweet, as is the sentiment on the inside.  The snowmen were colored with ink and blender pens!

 

 

 

 

This also uses the Mojo Monday #114 sketch--I haven't played one of those in AGES!!!  Here it is:

Mojo114Sketch

DSCF5992

Thanks for visiting me today!

15 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

I love your window card! So very creative and beautiful!

Doris said...

Both cards are delightful!

Elise said...

SNOMAN-ITIS! You DO have it! tee hee Well, it looks good ON YOU! And these are some of the gol darndest ADORABLE and fabulously colored snow folks I've seen! Terrific cards, terrific inspiration - you always seem to be on the pulse of great challenges! WAHOOOO!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi LeAnne! I always enjoy a visit to your blog! This card is wonderful and I love that window technique! :) Great colors!

Elaine M said...

What a great technique!! Love the window and your snowmen are so cute peeking through. Another great card
Hugs - Elaine M

Lisa Kind said...

Love this window card! I've never done one, and I think I may have to give it a try for some of my holiday cards! Really sweet card, LeAnne! TFS!

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, this card is way too adorable!!!!!! I love it!!!

Linda

Denise Marzec said...

Love the snowmen image and the great coloring. The window idea is totally fun!! Your customer will LOVE this card!

Lesley said...

Love that sweet little window and of course the snowmen are adorable.

Smiles,
Lesley

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling idea! I love your window with the those sweet snowmen peeking through.

Carol L said...

ohhhh, this is CUTE! Those snowmen are so whimsical and cute and I love how you put them behind the acetate! Your black & white card from yesterday is gorgeous!! I love the coral accents! You've been busy over the weekend, WTG!

Arielle H Gordon said...

LeAnne, what a cool take on the Mojo challenge, and also on the colourQ challenge... I'm such a fan! You always add such an interesting and insightful twist to your cards! Truly a talented crafter! ~Arielle

Juanita said...

Wow! What a great window card. I simply LOVE it.

Tammy Hershberger said...

How cute! What a great design idea to make that window!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this little window card - scallops, snowmen - it's great!