Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oldie but Goodie


Here is a card I made shortly after SU's scallop punch came out. It was posted on SCS, so you might have already seen it. I had been playing around with the punch and some DP, and the pieces sitting on my desk reminded me of scoops of ice cream. So I made some cone-shaped triangles from Creamy Caramel cs, stamped them with Canvas, sponged the edges, and added some words. I added lots of Dazzling Diamond "sprinkles" and my ice cream cones were done! The background is a retired wheel called Hot to Dot! If I were to do this again today, I think I would have changed the background cs (which I think is Wild Wasabi) to something a little brighter. Hope you enjoy this oldie but goodie from my archives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Love this use of the scallop punch...very creative! The sparkle is beautiful..such a fun birthday card!

Kim said...

VERY CUTE! I love your oldie but goodie because I have never seen that done before! TFS!

Jessica Smith said...

What a cute idea I've never seen this idea. your so creative. I just ordered this punch can't wait to try this.

Susan (rainy) said...

LOVE this. What a wonderful and totally clever idea for that punch!!

craftsbyjodi said...

what a cute idea... i love it