Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Blessings



I would like to take some time to wish all of you a Happy Easter. Did you know that the word "Easter" is not in the Bible? Some of us call it Resurrection Sunday because that word better describes the event that we are celebrating. It's fun to have dyed eggs and chocolate bunnies, or in my case, M&Ms, but it is my prayer that all of you will be reminded of the wonderful gift that Christ gave us by dying on the cross. It should be the focus of all our lives.
I finally did make a couple Easter cards using my new Papertrey set, Everyday Blessings. What a wonderful set! I just wanted to keep playing & playing, trying out all those little swirls and fleur-de-lis and verses. I can see this is one set I will keep on my desk and use often. These cards are very simple, the recipes will follow. Thanks so much to Grace (scrappigramma2 on SCS) for her advice on photographing my cards with a black background. I will say I really like the way the sahara one came out; I am not sure why the saffron one looks different. I'll have to keep experimenting! You can click on the photos for a closer look. Thanks so much for looking. I have another card coming up if I EVER get back to my desk!
LeAnne
Stamps: Everyday Blessings (Papertrey), Sanded
Paper: Sahara Sand, So Saffron, VV, Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Brown Stazon, More Mustard, So Saffron
Acc: Ribbon (I told you they were simple)

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi LeAnne! I love the sanded bg on this behind the cross - what a lovely Easter card!

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

artystamper on SCS

Anonymous said...

Holy posts lady! I didn't see anything for a while and the kapow! All awesome...need to spend some time gawking! Congrats on the new camera!