Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fanciful Butterfly Flower


I have been very busy again, with barely any time to stamp! I played a little hooky this morning since I wasn't feeling real spiffy, but I did stamp one card. I am demoing the technique of stamping on vellum, then coloring it from the back, at my downline meeting this weekend, so I wanted to have a couple samples to show. I had stamped this butterfly a couple days ago, so I incorporated it into today's SCS Sketch Challenge, which can be seen here. I know butterflies don't grow on stems, but hey, it's my stampin' world, so that's why it's called a "Fanciful Butterfly Flower"! This also fulfills the Color Challenge from Tuesday, which was to use Basic Gray, Soft Sky & Whisper White.
It's a fairly simple, straightforward card, not much stamping, actually! Hope you enjoy it and your day!


Stamps: Time Well Spent (Hostess Level 3)
Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Sky DP, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Soft Sky, Going Gray, Craft White
Acc: Markers, Ribbon, White EP, Heat Tool, Markers, Aquapainter, Glitter, Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots

10 comments:

Kim said...

Very nice! I can't wait to learn the technique. I do use vellum much, so this will be cool :-)

Sheryl Dreyer said...

Hi Leanne, I always forget about vellum. Thanks for the inspiration on this card. I will have to try it.

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Love the butterfly. This is a great technique!

Julia Aston said...

Love your beautiful butterfly! great colors on this pretty card LeAnne!

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

jjcreations said...

Beautiful take on this challenge. It's awesome. Joan

Maren said...

Really pretty! Love the sparkle!

Tracy said...

What a nice card.. love the soft colors on it

Debbie Olson said...

So soft and elegant, LeAnne! I think we can all use some added whimsy in life. :-D

Anonymous said...

Great job on the challenges, don't you just love when you can put two together! Your card is stunning!!

Jessica Smith said...

such a beautiful card love it.