Monday, March 17, 2008

Carrots are Good For You, Right?



Well, this cute little carrot is not filled with beta-carotene, but cocoa, sugar and other fattening goodies--namely, M&Ms!!! I got this pattern from Wanda at My Creative Corner. She has a plethora of patterns---a very creative corner indeed! You must check out her blog for all her goodies--be sure to look at her little bunny's behind!!! Anyway, this is a goodie for my niece & nephew, along with some other things....as an aunt, I am allowed to do this, regardless of what my sister says. Shoot, she fights the kids for the stuff in the box, she isn't kidding me! The pattern was cut out of Only Orange cardstock and wheeled both ways with the Dotted Lines wheel, as was the top. The image was stamped with a clear stamp from my friend Georgette and backed with a scallop stamped with the snowflake from So Many Scallops. I made my own tag--the images are shown both with & without the tag. I made a mask of the bunny face and sponged around it with Apricot Appeal and colored it with markers. The little fringed carrot top was just a piece of cardstock crimped and cut, then put together with brads so they won't have to rip it open and MAYBE they can use it again! Lots of fun and cute to make. I will say that the little tab on the pattern is a tad small...when I cut mine out, I added another 1/4" just so my sticky strip would have more of a base. Hope you will take time to make one too!
Stamps: Dotted Line Wheel, Misc clear Easter stamps, So Many Scallops
Paper: WW, Apricot Appeal, Gable Green
Ink: Only Orange, Apricot Appeal, Stazon Black, Green Galore
Acc: Markers, Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Crimper, Brads, 1/16" punch

4 comments:

Janine said...

What a wonderfully cute project!!
I just came across your blog.. Great work!!

Kim said...

Too stinkin' cute! They are going to love it :-) Glad you are back in business too. I was missing your creations.

Anonymous said...

This is ADORABLE!! I love it. So if the chocolate is inside a carrot that makes it healthy, right?

Anonymous said...

LeAnne - this is just tooooo cute!!! I love it!!!