Tuesday, November 8, 2016

TSOT296 Give Thanks

 

Hi peeps!  Time for another Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch!  This week our optional theme is Thanskgiving:


I had this cute background paper from BoBunny's Farmer's Market collection, and I thought it would make a great Thanksgiving card:


There was also some cute corn paper which coordinated with it, and I remember a corn image in SU's Perfected Preserved set from a couple years ago!  I had never even inked this image up!  I stamped it two times, once in Crushed Curry and again in Delightful Dijon, and use the coordinating die to cut it out, trimming the corn down a little and adhering it on top:
  

The Baja Breeze panel was stamped with the woodgrain from Truly Grateful (retired SU) and I mounted it on a Tip Top Taupe scalloped panel.  If you don't have rectangle scallop dies, you can always cut two square ones and piece them together....usually the seam is barely visible and it's a good way to stretch the use of your dies.  I stamped another image on the inside with So Saffron and stamped a sentiment (My Creative Time's Mixed Holiday Sentiments) on top.  The sentiment on the front is also from the same set.


We would love to have you play along with our sketch...you can share it with us on the TSOT blog, or visit our facebook page and share it there!

I don't have a Cassidy photo, but check out this appropriate vintage Thanksgiving postcard from my collection:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve your corny card!!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Haha, I agree with Michele, this is fun!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card LeAnne - that background paper is great! I am enjoying looking at your vintage postcard collection too; how wonderful to have these to look at and be inspired by.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bit of blue on this perfect fall card!