Friday, November 11, 2016

GDP061 and 52 CCTD Another Christmas Card


Happy Friday, peeps, and Happy Veterans Day to any of you who have served in our Armed Forces! Another Christmas card today....and I need your help!  But more on that later!  First,  I've got the color challenge from Global Design Project:


And a sweet sketch from 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown:


Phew, this color combo WAS a challenge....I like both of these colors individually, but together, I was a bit stumped.  Every Occasion is a sweet little set that seems to have fallen in the stamping cracks; I used it when it first came out in the catalog but haven't inked it up lately, and I don't see it out in blogland too often.  So I checked out the holiday images in it and thought I might be able to come up with something!  My only issue was that I didn't have any DSP that worked with the challenge, so I took out a panel of Irresistably Floral Specialty DSP....it has embossed designs that resist ink....and I sponged it with Sweet Sugarplum ink and made my own matching DSP:


Of course, I had to use my new stitched dies, and added some bling and pretty ribbon:


The outside sentiment is from Good Greetings (retired SU); the inside sentiment is from Oh What Fun.  And HERE is my problem.  Check out all the "fuzzies" that came along for the ride when I stamped this sentiment on the inside!  GRRRR!  I used SU's Basic Black this time, but it happens with the Memento pad as well.  And if you look at the other images, stamped in colored ink, there aren't any fuzzies at all.  SO what is it with black ink pads and photopolymer stamps?  


I clean my stamps EVERY time with cleaner on SU's Stamp 'n Scrub and I still cannot get a clear image.  So any help would be appreciated from anyone else who's had this issue!  I am thinking of trying Lawn Fawn's Stamp Shammy....it has gotten rave reviews and I am hoping it might help!

On a brighter note, I got Cassidy some fall clings and she put them on her bedroom window, which looks out on a very fall-ish scene!  





Makes me want to go stamp a blue owl!  Enjoy your day!







11 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est absolument charmant LeAnne, rose et vert sont de bons choix, biz

stampwithsandy said...

Pretty card, love the colors and the little stitched pieces! Hmmm I don't have that problem with black ink, and I always use Memento. I have the stampin scrub and also the stamp shammie and they both work equally well. Is it possible it has to do with the paper and not the ink? I mostly use Neenah Solar White, maybe it's worth a try. Curious what others have to say about this problem.

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your take on the sketch. I like how the cirle die cuts echo the circles on the DP. Great colours too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Patricia Hays said...

Great job combining the two challenges to make a very pretty and festive card! Thanks for making 52CCT part of your crafting fun!

AlisonC said...

I do love these colours together and the way you've made your background. I love making backgrounds.

Paula Dobson said...

Love, love your solution to not having the right DSP on hand LeAnne. Those stitched framelits just take everything up a notch. Love your card. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project and good luck for the guest designer pick!

I Card Everyone said...

I think the problem is in the type of pad ... I've had the same issue with Versafine ink. But I also use baby wipes, and know that can be a problem. Oh LeAnne ... let me know about that shammy! and show us your blue owl! Cassidy has done a wonderful job of arranging!
=]

laurie said...

I'm glad I stopped by...gave me some good memories of when my kids were little....they LOVED putting up window clings for the holidays!She did a great job.I love your take on the sketch too...such a sharp card LeAnne!

Cheryl said...

You saw the owl...I saw the Fox Builder Punch!!!! Ah such is the Stampin'Up! in us!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm stumped on the answer LeAnne, but let us know here if you get one!! Your card turned out beautifully, well except the inside sentiment *wink*!! Cute clings for Cassidy's window and she did a great job with them!!

Melodie said...

Your card is really something special! I love your background! Makes me want to sponge!