Tuesday, November 15, 2016

SIP74 Clean and Simple Christmas


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Stamp Ink Paper challenge; check it out:

I seem to be making only Christmas cards lately, but it is the season!  I know that ice skates are more of a "wintery" embellishment, but I just couldn't help using these little diecuts for my CAS card:


Now I know my card looks a wee bit wobbly, and that's because the base is SU's Kraft cardstock, which is a nice brown color, but is thinner than regular cardstock, and is coarser, so the ink stamps a little differently on it.  But I do love the country look of it!  I cut some banners from some Christmas DSP from last year, added some snowflakes from Christmas Pines and a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.  The diecuts are from Impression Obsession, and I colored them with red and black markers and a Zig Painty silver marker.   And check out the sentiment I stamped on the inside...I used a hint from Ann Willis to ink up my stamp in Versamark first, and that seemed to help, at least this time...I got a beautiful clear image!!  I did use SU's Basic Black, that seemed to work better.  At least the black sentiment draws your eye away from the snowflake booboo I made, LOL!  Thanks, Ann!


Sentiment is from  Christmas Pines; snowflake from Stitched with Cheer....these two sets seem to be on my desk constantly!!!

I hope that you'll play along with this CAS Christmas card challenge....it's always good to add to your stash!! And the others' cards are great too...check them out!

Cassidy loves to give gifts and she will take toys from her own stash to give to her classmates when it is their birthday!  I am not quite sure what the kids think when they get slightly-used items, but so far no one has complained.  And she is adamant about giving them something!  Yesterday, she had three birthdays....one that was a week or so ago and she missed, and two coming up. My dad got a whole stack of Golden books at an auction, and we have read all of them, so she picked out three she thought would be good matches for the recipients, and she wrapped them up:



Enjoy your day!


5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve the ice skates! LeAnne your card is darling! Cassidy is a child with a giving heart - who could ask for more? Golden books ROCK! I wish I still had my collection!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this!! I like the simplicity of is, yet you packed a lot of prettiness into it!! I love Cassidy's thoughtful loving heart. She's such a sweet little girl!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your cute CAS Ice skates card, but what I really wanted to say is that Cassidy is just st adorable - her thoughtfulness and kindness know no bounds, bless her!

jengd said...

Fabulous card! I love the ribbons you made and I agree- the kraft paper is a perfect background. And how wonderfully generous of Cassidy!

Bonnie said...

Love these tiny skates! Cassidy is so thoughtful!