Monday, November 7, 2016

CCMC431 Merry and Bright


Happy Monday, everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  It was quiet here in the Pugliese household and I spent some time straightening up my craft room, only to get it messy again!  I was VERY excited to see that Stampin' Up! finally got on the stitched die bandwagon!  I have several sets of non-SU dies but it is nice to be able to have some to demonstrate and sell!  I have a class coming on up Friday using the Stitched with Cheer set, so I wanted to make some samples with both the stamp set and the dies.  The Create with Connie & Mary sketch was a good place to start:

CCMC431

(Edited to add:  I did not realize I had CASEd Connie's card almost perfectly!!!  Great minds think alike, I guess!  Check hers out to see!!!)  The Stitched with Cheer set has so many fun "stitchy" images, and for this card, I chose all three of the snowflake images:


I stamped the large snowflakes in Pool Party and diecut them with the smallest stitched circle die; the medium snowflakes were stamped in Calypso Coral and cut out with a Circles framelit, and the smallest snowflake was stamped in among the dots on the A Little Foxy DSP....can you see them in there?  Aren't they cute?  I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate and fussy-cut it out and mounted it on dimensionals.  A few rhinestones added some sparkle!  Easy peasy!

Oops!  I found one more photo of Mandy Panda; Cassidy made a little fun-foam jack-o-lantern at school and she thought it would be a good decoration for Mandy's shirt!  What do you think?


Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Great minds...yours does look different than mine even with the same set! But...you should see the first one I did...even more alike, although I don't have my stitched framelits yet! lol! I love how you used the smallest star image on the background DSP! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Jenny Engelke said...

You card perfectly embodies the sentiment! Those two words totally come to mind when looking at the sweet snowflakes! I love the added teeny tiny snowflakes among the background dots. Such a nice detail! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Unknown said...

I love your take on the sketch. I just love the stitched dies - I've been waiting for those for a long time! Fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Lisa Elton said...

This is cute and i like the colors! That Cassidy is always good for a smile!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy is still so sweet. I love the look on her face:)
This is pretty snowflake-y card. I really like the little snowflake added in with the dots too.

libbystamps said...

Great, great, GREAT card! Love the simplicity of it! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous CAS card, so clean and bright and different to Connie's even though you were similarly inspired! I too am beyond excited about the stitched dies - expecting mine to arrive tomorrow!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable!