Wednesday, November 16, 2016

CCMC432 and GDP062 Wetlands Birthday

 

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Today is John's birthday, so I have a masculine card to share with you!  It uses the sketch from the Global Design Project:
And the colors from Create with Connie & Mary:

CCMC432

I got the Wetlands set a while back and have never inked it up!  I thought this would be a good time!  I stamped the goose and sentiment in Night of Navy, then masked the goose and added some grass in Mint Macaron.  I did not get any of the copper foil sheets, but I had some Brushed Copper cardstock from waaaaaay back so I used that, as well as Copper Encore ink to add a few speckles:


I also had some copper metallic thread from way back, so I used that as well under my sentiment.  The final touch was to add some stamping around the outside of the Mint Macaron card base.  Very easy and simple card!


Cassidy made a card for Grampy, too.  Since Grampy likes deer, and I had just gotten some little deer dies, we cut some out of some kraft paper:


and she had a notion in her head (all by herself, too), to add some white gel pen accents:


She continued on, decorating her deer and drawing a field, sky and "clouds", then writing her own sentiment:  "Happy Deery Birthday to you, Grampy":


And check out all her little deer:


I guess she likes baby deer the most!!

Have a blessed day!

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

So, I'm not the only one who orders stamps and hasn't inked them! This is one set where I share your guilt :-) I keep saving cards from Pinterest to my Wetlands folder but never make any. I'm always surprised when someone shares my pin and I think, "wow that's a great card" and I didn't even realize I had pinned it...lol. Sounds like a New Year's resolution coming up! Tell Cassidy I love what she did with the white gel pen and wish John a special day.

Wendy said...

Both cards are awesome, LeAnne! Love yours with the Wetlands image and I love the colors you used for John's birthday card! Cassidy's card is terrific with all those baby deer and I love her sentiment! So sweet of her....she is following in your footsteps creating cards at such a young age! Happy birthday to your hubby! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Ahhh, Cassidy's card is SO sweet! I love baby deer, too! Your card is gorgeous as usual! I still have a little bit of the Brushed Copper left AND that Copper Cord, too! I should pull it out and use it up now that copper is on trend again! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

jengd said...

Happy birthday to John! I love the slight tilt of your papers and Cassidy did a wonderful job with her deer!

Mary Brown said...

Absolutely DELIGHTFUL card...as always! LOVE your use of color on this LeAnne and Cassidy's little deer are just so sweet! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Cheryl Mooney said...

A banner day for you and Cassidy in cardmaking!!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy birthday wishes to John!! The goose and copper are terrific masculine elements. Wonderful card LeAnne! And little miss Cassidy created a work of art for her grampy!! I'm with here, baby deer are the cutest!!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this, LeAnne! This is a great masculine card and the colors are gorgeous together. The copper looks fantastic as an accent. That Cassidy does an awesome job with her creations and I know Grampy loved it!

Jenny Engelke said...

It's funny how everything old becomes new again. I love the brushed copper paper and copper cord! It works perfectly for your wonderful masculine Wetlands card. Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

I Card Everyone said...

This is a journey from handsome, to cute, and back again! Darling cards, ladies!
=]

Lisa Martz said...

I remember the brushed copper paper....hmmm wonder if I have any of that floating around anymore! Great masculine card for any occasion! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wetlands looks great in this colour combo - such a fresh masculine card! I love the brushed copper sheet and twine too, they add a nice texture. Great job LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

Love both of your cards! Happy birthday to John! I know he was delighted with his cards!