Friday, November 18, 2016

MM222, and Fusion Joy


Happy Friday, everyone!  Yay, it's the end of the week and the countdown to Thanksgiving begins!  There are just so many fun Christmas challenges out in the blog world, I am taking advantage of as many as I can!  I haven't played with Fusion for a long time, and the Merry Monday color challenge was just too cute to pass up:


I sort of combined all three challenges for my card today; it features an older, and sadly retired, Elzy Bells image:


I just love this little girl and her wee little bird....I stamped them in Stazon on heavy white cardstock and used my aquapainter and inks to color them in.  I diecut the smaller circle with SU's Stitched Shapes Framelits, and the larger one, in Silver Foil, with a Lil'Inker Stitched Circle die:



Of course I added some glitter snow!  And I used Papertrey's small alphabet to cut the "j" and "y" from Smoky Slate cardstock, and a Taylored Expressions snowflake in Silver Foil:


I am still on the fence about the washi tape behind the sentiment, but it's one of those things....once I've got those letters glued on, it is what it is!!!

We had a large crowd at our house Wednesday..my niece Jessie, who lives in SC, accepted a job in Seattle with Amazon!  How exciting!  She wanted to see all her cousins on her mom's side (my sister Gail) so they flew up and we had a big party!  There were 20 adults and 4 children....that's a lot of folks for my wee little house!   Here she is with my sister Joyce and Joyce's grandson Jamison:


And I can't believe that is the only picture we got of her all night!  It was rather noisy and chaotic!  I did snap this one earlier of my other niece Kelly (Joyce's daughter and Jamison's aunt) and Cassidy, trying to entertain Jamison....who already knows how to turn on his aunt's phone AND swipe at it to make the icons appear....these kids are too smart nowadays!!


And yes, Jamison has a wee bit of a shiner....he and a chair had a battle and the chair won!

Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Ooh I love this, LeAnne! Nice simple layout, and I love the adorable images!

Wendy said...

Just love your card, LeAnne! I totally love that image and also the Stitched Circles! The JOY with the silver foil snowflake is also fabulous! Such a fun card too! TFS and hope you enjoy this gorgeous day today because tomorrow....it all goes down hill!!!

I Card Everyone said...

I could NOT be happier to see this lovely in grey/white/red!!! and OH what a darling little scene - surely brings me joy, LeAnne! Sounds like a wonderful party, thanks for sharing ... my daughter works for Amazon through a subsidiary company here in Michigan.
=]

Erika said...

Really cute card and the washi tape behind the sentiment totally works!

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful Leanne, I like the shimmer and that sweet little girl! How wonderful for your niece. So happy you all got a chance to get together before her move!

Linda Callahan said...

Come on now......this is the cutest card EVER!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this LeAnne, that little girl stamp is adorable! I like the letters over the washi tape too - it's quite different but I think it works, especially with the snowflake 'o'. Sounds like a fun party this week - always nice to fill your house with happy faces I'm sure.

Martina said...

This is very cute card! :)

laurie said...

Such a fun color combo...love what you did with it! Really cute image and love the glitter snow too. Always great to have company....looks like fun!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwww...could this card be any sweeter?! And I love the washi tape behind the sentiment LeAnne! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Colleen said...

LeAnne, this is just too darling...fantastic layout and i love the papers you used...the shiny silver is just so striking! What a sweet little girl with the bird, sad it is retired! Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday, it is always a joy to see your cards in the gallery!

jengd said...

Such a cute card! I love the image, and JOY and the washi and and and! It looks like it must have been quite the party! Nothing like little kids with shiners. Liam sported a few good cuts, bumps and bruises in his day. It's still his day. lol!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! I love this little image and the silver foil! Looks like a wonderful family time! My fondest memories of small houses full to overflowing with family! Glad to see you at Merry Monday!

Becca Cruger said...

What a darling card! That scarlett red packs a big punch! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your visitors!! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!