Monday, November 14, 2016

JB16:23 Blue Christmas


Happy Monday, everyone!  I am exhausted!  I am glad that Monday is here so I can rest....it was a busy weekend, LOL!  I had made this card for another challenge but decided to go in another direction, so I'll share it today.  It also fills the criteria for the Jingle Belles challenge to have a floral Christmas card!  So here we go:


I pulled out a couple of oldies for this one!  The French Script background was partially inked up with Pool Party ink and stamped on a Very Vanilla cardbase.  I stamped the poinsettia from Joyful Christmas in Gold Encore ink on vellum cardstock, then heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I sponged Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay on the back of the poinsettia, dried it with my heat gun, then cut it out and mounted on the card with some gold twine behind.


The Noel (Christmas Pines) was stamped in Bermuda Bay and I did add some Gold Encore speckles as well.  The final touch was a couple of gold embellishments from the Stitched with Love card kit...getting my money's worth from that kit!

That's it for today...no Cass pictures as she was at her daddy's this weekend!  A busy week ahead too...'tis the season!  Enjoy and be blessed!

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is beyond gorgeous ... LOve the colors, anything vellum, but your poinsettia is fabulous! Your hand made patterned paper with the French script is really lovely!
=]

jengd said...

Lovely! I wouldn't have thought to make a poinsettia blue but it's fantastic!

Wendy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, LeAnne! Love the poinsettia embossed on the vellum....gives such a soft but pretty look! Love the script background on the cardbase and all the pops of gold you used! Love, love, love! Now I think I must go try the embossing on vellum....never done that before! Beautiful Christmas card, my friend!!!! TFS and hope you have a wonderful day! :)

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful LeAnne. Love that blue poinsettia and the script background.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This is just GORGEOUS in this color! Love love love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Leanne and very elegant!!

Mimi said...

So pretty..

lauren bergold said...

ooooh! love the sparkle, shine and texture on this beautiful card! ok, actually i love EVERYTHING about this one... every single detail is perfection, i could just stare & stare! thanks for celebrating holiday flowers with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous blue poinsettia .... so glad you helped us celebrate flowers for the holidays at jingle belles.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne - an amazing flower and the script background has reminded me I have this stamp and could use it in a similar way too, so thank you!