Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Stamp Ink Paper 73 Truly Grateful


Happy Tuesday, peeps! If you're looking for my Try Stampin on Tuesday post, it's here.   

It's my second week as guest designer for Stamp, Ink, Paper and the prompt this week is "grateful":


I had been looking through my fall/Thanksgiving stamps and came across a SU set called Truly Grateful, and thought the sentiment would work well with one of elements from this month's Paper Pumpkin kit:




You may know I have a love/hate relationship with shaker cards!  The concept is great, but sometimes the execution is more work than it is worth!  The PP kit actually has a row of three diecut leaves and a plethora of gorgeous sequins in three different sizes, plus their foam strips make it fairly easy to create the shaker.  But I didn't want three leaves, I only wanted one leaf because I wanted a square element to use with my Layering Squares die....(I did use a Stitched Square die too, but this one is not SU since I hadn't received them yet when I made this card, LOL!)


So I trimmed the panel down and used the extra piece to stamp the sentiment on, then carefully punched it with an oval punch and placed it above the leaf.  The stitched square is Top Top Taupe; the scalloped square is Cajun Craze.  I added a Delightful Dijon stitched leaf (Lawn Fawn) and mounted everything on a piece of Autumn Day paper by PhotoPlay.  I just love those little leaves!  And the sequins are so pretty inside and out!

I hope you'll check out the Stamp Ink Paper blog and see what the other designers have created using this theme....and share yours with us as well!

After-school pudding!







6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty!

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! Don't you just love the stitched dies? I want to use them on everything. I got my stitched leaves this week too and can't wait to play with them. Cassidy seems to like her pudding as my as my grands do! ~chris

JoAnn said...

Lovely fall shaker card and nice colors.

Lisa Elton said...

Well whatever you wanted, did or didn't have, this turned out fabulously!! Cute little shaker with the leaf opening and I like the tiny stitched leaf you added. That's a happy little pudding smile!

Darlene Gabriel said...

It's good to see Cassidy's face again:) I love this shaker card. The maple leaf is a perfect "window" shape - very unique. The stitched leaf is adorable.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Fall card, LeAnne! Love the shaker part and the leaf diecut! How did your craft show go this past weekend? I have been thinking of you! Cute picture of Cassidy and her after school snack! She's such a sweetie!