Sunday, November 6, 2016

Paper Players 320 Thankful Autumn Blessings


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Laurie is our Paper Player hostess with a lovely theme challenge this week:


I haven't done anything in a vintage nature lately, so I checked my digital image file and found this lovely postcard image of children bringing in some fall harvest!  So sweet!  Instead of creating a card, however, I decided to make a little 6x6 collage to display along with my other Thanksgiving collectibles:


I printed out the postcard on some cream-colored stationery, trimmed and distressed it and added some Cajun Craze cardstock behind it.  I took a piece Autumn Day 6x6 paper from Photoplay and stamped a myriad of fall images on it in Early Espresso ink; I used SU's Harvest Home. Truly Grateful and last month's Paper Pumpkin, along with some leaves from last year's Paper Pumpkin Halloween set.  I used Papertrey dies to cut out the "thankful" and the "fall" in Early Espresso and Old Olive cardstocks, then adhered them to the side and bottom.  The banner was created with SU's burlap ribbon and some Tim Holtz seasonal stickers.  The leaves were inspired by my friend Vicki - you can see her adorable tag HERE - and they were cut with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves dies, then sponged and liberally coated with Wink of Stella....it's a shame you cannot see how gorgeous they are!  I added a little baker's twine knot to "tie" them together!
 

Finally, I added a shabby seam binding bow made from some seam binding I dyed a long time ago...not even sure what color ink I used!  Anyway, I tied it up with a little button and added another shimmery leaf behind it...you can see the glimmer on this one a wee bit better!

I mounted everything on a 6x6 piece of chipboard and cut an easel (Tim Holtz die) to prop it up.  Now it sits on my piano with all my little turkeys...maybe I'll share them later if I can get a good photo!


I can share one of the vintage postcards from my own collection.  I probably inherited this (and the others) from one of my grandparents, or I might have found it at a yard sale:


So how will you interpret this challenge?  I hope you'll share your ideas with us at the Paper Players blog!  Meanwhile, check out what the other designers did:

And one last photo of Mandy Panda before she went back to school, helping Cassidy eat her waffle...and yes, it had Nutella on it and she very methodically ate the middle before eating around the edge!!!  Normally she doesn't do this, so I thought it was kind of funny...hence the photo!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh this is wonderful ... every single element adds to its charm, LeAnne. [I could never fit all my turkeys on the piano... he hee!]
=]

laurie said...

This is lovely...such a beautiful vintage keepsake. I bet it looks awesome displayed for the holiday! The details are gorgeous.

.....and who doesn't love Nutella! Yum!

Cheryl Mooney said...

that lovely collage just makes me happy to look at it...Cassidy and her Nutella moment, awww!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this one needs a place of honor with all of your Thanksgiving collectables!! Love all of the texture and the pretty vintage image. That Cassidy is a cutie patootie!!

Nance Leedy said...

A beautiful art piece, LeAnne! Love your collage elements and every detail is just perfect. Love how you added the easel to the back--so clever!

Colleen Begley said...

Oh, I love your Thanksgiving collage! Everywhere I look there is something fun and interesting. The vintage postcard is super cool. My mom inherited several "scrapbooks" from my dad's mother that is full of post cards. My sister and I frequently pull them out when visiting. They are just so FUN and a true treasure!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this gorgeous collage! I want one! The vintage photo is so lovely! Reminds me of days gone by. Every detail is perfect! How clever to add the easel! You certainly rocked this challenge! Miss Cassidy is adorable! Have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Hannelie said...

So good to see this vintage beauty is on display, because that was the first thing I thought when I saw it: This has to be framed!
So beautiful!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow, LeAnne, this is gorgeous. I love that image and the rich colours you've used here. It's so good to see another of your gorgeous scrunchy shabby ribbon bows again too.

Brent Scheffer said...

The vintage look is stunning! The greeting is integrated well into the burlap ribbon!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

So many beautiful details on your card, love the vintage look!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the vintage collage you made LeAnne - so much texture and detail. How wonderful to be able to add this to your Thanksgiving collection, I'll bet it makes a great centrepiece to those turkeys!

Linda Callahan said...

So vintage......so gorgeous.....