Saturday, November 5, 2016

Inspired By All the Little Things 31 Christmas Chickadee


Happy Saturday, everyone!  I was thrilled to be asked by my sweet friend Lesley to be a guest designer on Inspired by All the Little Things!   And check out the gorgeous inspiration I was given with which to work:

Displaying 31.png

I knew immediately which image I wanted to use on my card; I got this Impression Obsession chickadee from a stamp show a few years back and I knew he would be perfect!  I stamped him on some music paper from SU's This Christmas specialty line:


After coloring him in with SU markers (Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake), I mounted the panel on a piece of Gold Foil, cutting out part of his tail for some interest.  Then I went to work making an embellishment, using a shabby bow made with some Cherry Cobbler seam binding and gold cord, and a few sprigs of "holly" cut from Garden Green cardstock using a Tim Holtz die (Holiday Greens):


The sentiment is an older one from Cornish Heritage Farms (Christmas Expressions) which I stamped in Gold Encore ink and embossed with gold embossing powder:


I stamped another sentiment from the same set on the inside and added some holly and flourish from a retired Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas set:


I hope you'll play along with our beautiful challenge this week!   You'll be happy you got started on those Christmas cards!  And thank you again, Lesley, for choosing me as your guest designer!

Last weekend Cassidy & Dana went to the Seawitch Festival at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware!  There was a parade, candy, vendors and lots of events for children!  Here, Cassidy is painting a little plaster frog for me to put in my flower garden in the spring!



And here is froggy, in all his glittery glory:



Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a beauty, LeAnne! Love how you stamped your image on the dsp and colored it! The bow & holly leaves are just perfect in the corner. Love, love, love! Great picture of Cassidy in Rehobeth painting the little frog! She's so creative, just like her Grammy! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The chickadee is an especially cute one and I love how it is stamped on the music!

The frog is just adorable too and I am sure you will enjoy having it in your garden.

barb mann said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Love the chickadee image and the fussy cut tail.

I Card Everyone said...

The most wonderful card ever, LeAnne! These little sweeties are among my favorite ... I can't tell you the countless hours Tom spent in our Two Acre wood trying to get one to land in his hand to have a snack! and yet, my fil sits in the yard and they land on his hat! go figure... my heart is still very full... To Cassidy: ribbit!
=]

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne. Love that chickadee image and your fabulous coloring. Nice embellishments too.

laurie said...

Beautiful card...... and a super cute frog!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous take on the photo! Love that sweet chickadee on the music BG and your corner embellishment is such an awesome touch! So happy to see you were guesting with us this week...your work is always top notch!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty!! These are one of my hubby's favorite birds. They sort of fly along with him when he's out taking photos in the national park!! We have some great framed shots of them. Your card is incredible! Sweet little gift Cassidy made for you!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, you are a hot item lately LeAnne; you're everywhere! This is gorgeous. I love the chickadee and the rich Christmas colors. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Marcie Sharp said...

So pretty! I love the bird stamped right on the paper- such an elegant look.

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on being featured at Inspired By All the Little Things! I love your beautiful card!

KimCreate said...

Your card for the challenge is beautiful! Thanks for being guest designer!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi LeAnne, it was so nice to see you as the guest designer...I totally loved the inspiration and of course your card! The bird image is perfect for the challenge! It was stuck in my head...so I had to play along too! Hugs, ~Silke~