Monday, January 4, 2016

Vintage Santa


Happy Monday, everyone!  It's back to the regular routine, right?  I, for one, had such a relaxing holiday, it's going to take me more than one day to get back into the swing of things!  I am getting right back into the groove of making Christmas cards so I don't get caught short for 2016, and I am using the Pals Paper Arts sketch and the Christmas Card Challenge colors.

                               12-24 PPA 281

After looking at the photo of my card, I realize my "brown" panel has more than a touch of green in it!  But at least my ribbon and sentiment follow that neutral brown!  Here we go:


I don't think I got a chance to use this vintage Santa from C9 Stamps last year, so I inked him up in Cherry Cobbler and stamped the Linen background in Sahara Sand, then sponged the edges:


I used SU's new Timeless Textures to do some background stamping and then added a Waltzingmouse sentiment on my Authentique Two Christmases in One DSP.  


My final touch was some Champagne glimmer paper punched branches, a Soft Suede ribbon and a few sequins!

I got Cassidy a potholder loom for Christmas!  She did really well with it (besides goofing around)!




It was fun to watch Dana teach her how to do it, as Dana remembers making these as well!  When I was little, I made loom potholders and sold them for 50 cents in my Pop Pop's florist shop.  The money I earned, I spent at the Wildwood, NJ, boardwalk, when my Nan would take us on vacation!  What treasured memories!  Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that circle was made for that Santa! Wonderful vintage card! And I used to make those potholders for Christmas gifts every year!

Frenchie said...

Awwwwww, LeAnne, that Santa is such a memorable treasure, and yes I remember making those too, what fun, and now we know how you became to be a great mom and grandma , you had one your self, lucky for us with those great memories ha?, did I ever tell you my grandma brought me up from 3days old - till I was 14 , I had the best of 7, wow .....
Thank you for sharing
Hugs Frenchie ,

Creating with Susan said...

What a beautiful vintage card! Love that Santa. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges - Happy New Year!

Denise Willerton said...

love this vintage Christmas card LeAnne :-) your 2016 collection of Christmas cards has now begun ~ love it ((hugs)) have a lovely day

Anonymous said...

Great card!

thestampinglady said...

Love,love and love this card! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Your vintage card is anazing! Thanks for the memories about the pot holder loom. I made them the summer that I spent on the couch with a broken leg. My little next door neighbor wanted in on the fun. So we made them together. Treasured memories.

Linda said...

Love the card and you brought back a lot of memories with the pot holder loom. Thank you. Hugs,
Linda

Brian King said...

What a gorgeous card, LeAnne! You've created an amazing texture in the background of this front panel. Perfection! Thank you so much for playing along with this Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Lev ethics card LeAnne, the Santa is fantastic!! I remember when our soon and my two nieces would make potholders for me. Cassidy will have fun with the loom!!

Juhi said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card, love the red + kraft combo

La Papera Gialla said...

Great card!
Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

laurie said...

Awesome vintage Christmas card LeAnne!I love that Santa image and all the fun details. Awesome memories too, of making pot holders...a fun family tradition has begun! Maybe Cassidy will make them with her kids someday. Thanks for sharing at the CCC this week! Have a great day!