Sunday, January 3, 2016

Paper Players 276


Hi everyone!  New month, new year, new guest designers, new challenge for the Paper Players!  Yippee!  Joanne has the honor of starting out 2016 with a numbers theme challenge:


Instead of a card, I decided to make a little wall hanging to commemorate Cassidy's fifth birthday party, which was fairy-themed!  I tried to use colors that complemented her turquoise and pink bathing suit, and I had some retired SU polka-dotted DSP, so I stuck with that:


I used a past Paper Pumpkin set to stamp these big flowers and although you can't tell from the photo, the centers are Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper:


I also cut out the "yay" from the Circle Thinlit set in the glimmer paper, and added banners using the new SU Sale-a-bration set called Perfect Pairings.  I also stamped the date with the Rotary Date Stamp:



The numeral 5 was computer-generated, and I printed it directly on the DSP, then colored it in with a white gel pen!  I cut it out with a Chalk Talk die.  I added some punched butterflies and rhinestones to follow along with Cassidy's butterfly headpiece!


I mounted everything on a burlap 6x9" frame I got at Walmart and as an afterthought, added some Melon Mambo pompom decorations I had in my stash!  I hope you like it and it inspires YOU to make a number-themed creation!  Birthday, New Year's, anniversary...the possibilities are endless!  And check out the other designers' submissions as well!

12 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

What a darling memento of a wonderful birthday party, LeAnne! You've done a great job capturing the fun and whimsy of the event with all the embellishments and color choices. Love the added pompom trim and the burlap--so sweet! Happy New Year, my friend!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love all the elements on your burlap frame. Cassidy is gorgeous.

None None said...

This is awesome, LeAnne!! Such a great project to capture Cassidy's 5th birthday! I love the details you added such as the pom pom trim, the sparkly flower centers, and the patterned papers.

Frenchie said...

Oooooooooo,my MsCassady THE BIG 5,ooooh WOW ! Already, no not out Cassady, Grandma had it all wrong, what do you think ,......lol.well happy birthday you cute pretty little thing, you have gotten so big sooooooooo, quick why ?, well happy happy day Sweetie , you have gave us the most beautiful pictures and cute little things for the past 5 years , we loved every moment ❤️❤️❤️❤️ And your birthday card is beautiful, MsLeeAnn did u get my Christmas card with a little something for Cassady ?
Thanks , and hugs
Frenchie ,

laurie said...

I just couldn't wait to comment on this project,LeAnne! I saw it a few days ago and just thought it was as cute as can be, but then when you have that adorable little girl in the photo to work with, how can it not be? SO SWEET! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Linda Callahan said...

This is fabulous! Perfectly coordinated with the picture and embellishments! She is adorable.....sweet sweet picture! I love all the details you added! Happy New Year!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, this is so precious! I just love it! I know Cassidy will cherish this beautiful memory for years. She is so pretty and growing up too quickly! HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIEND! XX

Colleen Begley said...

Super cute, LeAnne. The embellishments are so perfect with this picture of Cassidy and I really like the layout you used. What a fun piece to have in your house.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable!! Love all of the polka dots and butterflies. But Cassidy is the star of the show!!

Lorraine said...

I love how you coordinated all those papers and colors with her picture. Great project and such a wonderful keepsake!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh I love this LeAnne! The colors and blooms are such fun, and the burlap and pom pom trim add so much texture. That Cassidy sure is a cutie! I bet she loved this.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is oh-so-pretty LeAnne! I love making him decor pieces and this is such a beautiful memento of Cassidy's 5th birthday. I love the bright flowers and the pompom trim against the burlap. Gorgeous!