Tuesday, January 19, 2016

TSOT 254 and SIP31


Hi everyone!  It's Tuesday, and that means it's time for Try Stampin' On Tuesday!  Here's today's sketch:


I got this sunflower die a while ago and just hadn't used it yet, so after looking at the sketch for today, I thought it was time to dust it off!  I used Hello Honey for the flowers themselves and just some scraps for the leaves and centers.  I did lots of sponging to give them some depth. I used the retired SU stamp Make a Wish for the sentiment, stamped in Early Espresso:


I can't remember the maker of the background paper (the card is in the mail!) but I used Lil'Inker's dies for the stitched edging, and I remembered a fun ladybug brad I'd had in my stash for a loooooong time and I thought it would brighten it up and add some whimsy!



I used the remaining piece of the background paper on the inside, and stamped a sentiment from Perfect Pairings.


I am also submitting this to the Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge this week, which is birthday!  

SIP Challenge 31 - Birthday Theme 800
I hope you'll play along with the TSOT designers this week!  You can submit your creation at their blog or you can even share it with us on our Facebook page!  Have fun!

A dusting of snow brought Cassidy out to play:

  


Enjoy your day!




7 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

This is such a bright and cheery card! I Love the sunflower and the polka dot paper...two of my favorite things! One of Cassidy's must be snow... :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly delightful card!! Polka dots and sunflowers, what's not to love here! She better catch those snowflakes while she can, they've been few and far between this year!!

Gingin said...

LeAnne I love your bright and cheery sunflower bday card! The ladybug is such a sweet touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

stampwithsandy said...

This gorrrgeous LeAnne! I love, love, love those beautiful sunflowers, and the polka dot paper is perfect! Oh and I almost forgot that adorable ladybug! I always smile when I see one of your cards in the gallery at SIP :)

maria f. said...

Such a cheerful card, certain to bring a smile to the recipient's face!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What bright and cheery sunflowers - and a cute ladybird embellishment too! Sunshiny yellow is guaranteed to brighten your day!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Leeann, I adore your cheery sunflower birthday card! I must find those sunflower dies! LOVE them! The paper you used was perfect with the sunflower and I adore your sweet little ladybug brad which I also would LOVE to have! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our birthday card challenge!