Thursday, January 14, 2016

TSOT253 and CCC6


Hi everyone!  Today I've got my weekly Christmas card and I've used this interesting sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday:


It made me think of a Hero Arts stamp I got a while back, so I stamped it in Bermuda Bay to create my scene:


The image itself was a little too narrow to fit my card (which is also a little narrower than a standard A2 card), so I stamped the image again and did some literal cutting and pasting!  It's not perfect, but it'll do!  I added a little sentiment from Great Greetings, stamped on a Simon Says Stamp diecut, and I added a silver glimmer brad to complement the silver glimmer paper mat I added!


The only other thing I added was some glittery snow!  I am also entering this in the Christmas Card Challenge 6, which is "Anything Goes"!

Amazingly, Cassidy is learning to read a few simple words in kindergarten!  She prefers being read to, though, but here, she lined up her dolls for "school" and she's reading them one of her library books!



Enjoy your day and thanks for popping by!

14 comments:

Doris said...

Cassidy must be a good story reader--her dolls seem very attentive!

Doris said...

P.S. Your card is beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! I can't even think Christmas cards once the holiday season is over! And I love how Miss C is reading to her class!

Denise Willerton said...

I love how you create Christmas cards throughout the year LeAnne, another great card here too ~ I'm always SO inspired by you ~ Cassidy is adorable, reading to her little class ~ sweetness!!! Enjoy your weekend :-) ... it's almost here!

Frenchie said...

Omg grandma , I think you need a BIGGER couch, lol, how cute ,all her baby's ,
And your card made me cold , berrrrrrr, lol, it's lovely, tfs
Hugs Frenchie,

stampwithsandy said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love how the trees fade from white to blue. Cassidy sure does keep those dolls busy!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LOVE those trees!! This is so pretty LeAnne and that bit of silver is perfect!! CUTENESS again from Miss C!!

Juhi said...

Beautiful winter scenery, love the color combo. Your daughter is adorable, my 4 yr old does the same!

Creating with Susan said...

You've created a beautiful winter scene on your card. Thanks for playing along with us st Christmas Card Challenges.

Lorraine said...

What a great choice of color! And the added sparkle is so beautiful.

La Papera Gialla said...

I LOVE your card!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the color. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Nancy said...

Just adorable, both card and Cassidy, but I think she wins out!

Patricia said...

These trees are gorgeous! I love the Bermuda Bay with them! The glitter layer is a nice touch, too!