Saturday, January 23, 2016

CTS156 Snowflake Christmas


Hi peeps!  Just a quick post for today, it's snowing to beat the band so I am snuggled up in front of the fire, just enjoying the quiet!  I have a snowy Christmas card using Cas(E) this Sketch's sketch, although they prefer more white space than what I have here, so I probably won't submit it, but here's the sketch:


And here's my card:


My base is Crumb Cake; the DSPs are some really old Basic Grey (Plum Pudding, I think); the solid piece is the flip side of the snowflake....just love these colors!  I stamped the sentiment (Jingle All the Way) in Lost Lagoon and diecut it with a Word Bubble die, then cut off the little "hanger"!  The snowflake is from Taylored Expressions, and I smooshed it into a Versamark pad, coated it with Heat & Stick Powder, heated it up and covered it with some Martha Stewart glitter, then reheated it to set it.  Love that color too!


Thanks so much for popping in today, and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Paper Players challenge!

A little playdoh fun!



Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

None None said...

Hi LeAnne! This is gorgeous - I can see you are on a roll with your Christmas cards for 2016 already! :) Hope you are doing well with this storm. We have yet to see a single snowflake fly because of all the dry air here. Maybe later this morning we will see some snow but I'm certainly not going to complain about the lack of it because I don't want to be out there clearing it off! :)

Oh, and I wanted to say that last picture of Cassidy had me doing a double take as she looks like a teenager in it. Time sure does fly!!

laurie said...

Good morning! Just stopping by to see what you are up too! Love the glitter snowflake..that color is so pretty. I just love play dough...for some strange reason I liked the smell of the store bought..lol! I was a strange kid I guess!

Cindy Major said...

I remember those Basic Grey papers, I used them a whole bunch on various projects and they always turned out great.
The idea to use a word bubble for your sentiment and cut off the hanger part is pretty clever! And I love that sparkly snowflake, too. :)

Cindy

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, love the wintery colours. Cassidy is quite the young lady now, playdoh is so fun!

Lorraine said...

Pretty colors. Love how you used that sketch. Thanks for the tip on using the word bubble. Hope you're staying warm.

Lisa Elton said...

A pretty frosty card LeAnne, appropriate for the blizzardy weather!! Thankfully it missed us. Hope you're all safe and warm. Looks like Cassidy was making playdoh cupcakes!

Ruth Ann V. said...

Hi LeAnne, I am catching up on emails,I've been busy . I like the colors and design of your card! Hope you are all well and snow all gone.