Friday, January 22, 2016

Honeycomb Happiness New Baby Cards


Happy Friday peeps!  If you're in the northeastern portion of the States, you're probably waiting for the big snow/sleet/ice event that is barreling across the country!  I am ready to hunker down and watch some Netflix, do some knitting, cross-stitching and stamping!   But first, I have a couple of baby cards to show you, just in time for The Male Room challenge of babies and little boys:


One of the main reasons I got Suite Sayings was because of this adorable sentiment, and I thought it would be really cute with this little chick peeking out from somewhere!  This little dude was already stamped, sponged (Mint Macaron) and cut out, unused from another project, so I went searching for some suitable little boy paper and found these in the Sweet Lil' Things DSP line:


It's pretty straightforward....just some sponging and coloring with a marker; a couple of diecut circles and a few non-SU sequins.  This just happens to be for a customer who just became a grandmother for the first time!


While I had the sets on my desk, I made another for my stash, using the same papers but in a different color palette....this time I added a few Pool Party stars with the sequins, and sponged my Soft Suede-stamped chickie in Crushed Curry and Hello Honey:


And on the inside, a couple of sentiments from Greatest Greetings and Perfect Pairings, also in Soft Suede!


Thanks for stopping by today!

A little reading time with Grampy:



8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute baby card that little bird makes! What a sweet sentiment, too. Yup, getting ready for snow too. I keep hoping this storm changes direction, though a snow day isn't the worst thing!

Linda Callahan said...

These are so adorable! I love the chick peeking out with that sentiment! Perfect baby cards! The storm is going to miss us :(. I am ready for some snow!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Your blog is one of my favorites, always inspiring.

Dawn Tidd said...

Those are precious, LeAnne! Love that chick peeking out from the circle. Adorable baby cards to send and stash!

barb mann said...

LeAnne - I think these two baby cards are absolutely adorable. I can't figure which I like best. Too CUTE!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh good grief how cute are these!! I'm completely smitten with the first one!! Sweet picture of Grampy and Cassidy!

Unknown said...

Your cards are just too cute LeAnne, I love the patterned papers you have chosen, and the way that little chick is peering out around the corner. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your cards with us at The Male Room.
Chris

Deborah Frings said...

So cute! That little bird is just so adorable. Both cards look fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Babies & Little Boys theme at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.