Sunday, January 31, 2016

Paper Players 280 Yellow Bird


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Wow, can you believe it is the last day of January?!  I am excited to spend some time today with my club hostesses!  I stopped my clubs temporarily, so this is a chance for me to reconnect with them and show them my appreciation.  But first, it's time for the Paper Players, and Jaydee is our hostess today with a fun Tic-tac-toe challenge!


As soon as I saw "birds", I knew that I would be using that bottom horizontal line for my card!  It gave me a chance to use lots and lots of images, papers and elements for my eclectic card:


Hello Honey and Basic Black are the main colors I've used, along with some MME Sunshine papers.  I've used a plethora of stamps, including Red Lead Paperworks' Bird,  SU's Timeless Textures, Crafty Secrets Birds, Simon Says Stamp Grid Background, and a stamp set from Pink Paislee that has no name on it...it just has lots of vintagey French ephemera and cool uplifting sentiments!  I added a wee bit of watercoloring to my bird, and a shabby seam binding bow, along with a diecut zigzag edge:


A couple of banners, one in champagne glimmer paper, and a sweet little sentiment:


And you can see the Grid background stamped in white, along with some other textures and bird images!  Oooh, I had so much fun making this card!  My desk was a mess but I was HAPPY!


I didn't make this card for any particular occasion, so I left the inside blank...when the need arises, I can add the appropriate sentiment!  Now, let's see how the other designers used the tic-tac-toe grid!  Check them out:

And I hope you'll play along with us as well!

Cassidy is "potty training" her little boy baby doll Liam (who is anatomically correct, which makes for some interesting scenarios!) and she made a Potty Chart, with 100 spaces on it.  Amazingly, he got all 100 check marks on his first try, LOL!  We should all learn so quickly, right?!  Enjoy your day!








15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I knew you would go for the bird! This is glorious - and you make me so happy with all of that s/s/s!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a beautiful collage-like card! Lots of elements and detailed work - I love it!

laurie said...

I love all the fun elements on your card, what a great design. I can see why you had fun, and what a bright cheerful card.. love the yellow! And WOW she does a great job at potty training..LOL! Have a great week LeAnne!

Dawn Tidd said...

What wonderful details, LeAnne. It took me awhile to look at each little element and stamp you used! And that bird was a great selection for the challenge!
I think Cassidy has some of your attention to detail in her too!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin' all of the sunny yellows LeAnne! This is so pretty! and perfectly layered! That Liam is a quick learner!!

Claire Broadwater said...

This card is just AMAZING! The bright yellow is so cheerful and all the details are beautiful. My Mom would LOVE this card, too! Miss Cassidy makes me smile! She is such a creative girl! Takes after her Grammy! XXX

Margaret said...

This is great! I haven't got that knack for layering, yet.

jengd said...

Gorgeous card- as always all of your layers and inclusions are fantastic. I wish I could have sent MY Liam to Cassidy for some training! He took forever to get out of dipes! :)

Nance Leedy said...

You are so clever with collage cards, LeAnne! Such a creative way to combine stamp sets and elements. Such a bright and happy card!

I Card Everyone said...

Nobody does layers like you, LeAnne - gorgeous in all of its glorious yellow - this must be a Yellow Rumped Warbler!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cards like this make my heart sing LeAnne - so beautiful and something I struggle to create myself - collage, birds and my favourite sunshine yellow, I love it!

Colleen Begley said...

You make the best bird cards! This is no exception with it's layers and collage elements. Love all of the stamping.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love this card!!
Cassidy must have a secret trick to potty training quickly;) How sweet that she created a chart to show Liam's progress.

Darnell said...

I meant to get over here the other day to let you know that your card just pops off the screen over at TPP, LeAnne! I think I literally swooned! And what a treat for me to see Cassidy hard at work on her Liam potty chart!! That's a smart and organized little future mommy-to-be!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Leanne - I am SWOOONING over this card! What a stunner!