Sunday, January 10, 2016

Paper Players 277 Color Challenge


Hey peeps!  It's Sunday, and Claire is our hostess at the Paper Players this week!  She's got a wild and wonderful color challenge for us!  Wait til you see what the Players created with these hues:


My friend Martha gave me this wonderful swing card die for Christmas....I love this fun design, and what is even better, the set includes dies for the layers as well....lots and lots of layers!  I used some of the same papers as last week's project, along with some Real Red and Silver Glimmer paper accents:


The alphabet is from Papertrey; the "hugs & kisses" is from SU's Great Greetings!  I made a little banner to tuck on the inside:


along with an assortment of hearts, and I also layered a few more elements from the die set, along with a little stamped heart in Melon Mambo!  Hmmmm, I wonder to whom I should send THIS card?!  
I hope you'll play along with this fun challenge...although the colors scream Valentine's, I'm willing to bet there will be lots of other occasions you could use these for as well!  Share your creation with us!  Meanwhile, check out what the team did:

Cassidy had a birthday party recently for her dolls:


They shared a cupcake:


He looks happy enough:


But I'm not sure if this little guy is saying grace or he's just plumb tuckered out, LOL!  Enjoy your day!



12 comments:

Doris said...

HRH has quite the royal family!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just L-O-V-E love this card LeAnne! I was wondering how you managed to get so creative with your framelits - what a cool swing card die! The bold panels of colour really appeal to me too; this card is so cheery, bright and fun! The tea party photos made me smile too - such fun!

Nance Leedy said...

You could have fooled me--I totally thought you managed this swing card with SU Framelits! Either way it's a fabulously FUN card that screams C-A-S-S-I-D-Y!! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card and a nifty die you were gifted!! I like the bit of sparkle you added to the vivid colors, super cute!! Don't know which doll was celebrating a birthday, but the hostess is mighty cute!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is so so cute!! Love your take on the colors!! :)

Colleen Begley said...

WOW! A super fun card. I don't know if I've seen one of these. I really like how you used the colors in the challenge on it and how you decorated both sides of the cutouts.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this FUN card! You made my colors shine this week! The dies are just amazing, too! And, you even added polka dots for me! I love the tea party pictures! The best memories being made! Happy Birthday to Miss Cassidy! XX

laurie said...

CUTE card! What an awesome gift from your friend, such a fun die! You will get lots of use out of it.

I would love to attend that birthday party!!LOL

Darlene Gabriel said...

Too cute. I feel that way sometimes by the time I sit down for a meal. Cassidy looks so happy.
What a pretty card - just perfect for a Valentine card. When I first saw the challenge I thought the Real Red would be difficult to incorporate, but you have done it beautifully here. That is a wonderful swing card die cut. Who is made by?

Linda Callahan said...

Love that swing card! Pretty design and the added sparkle is perfect! Totally fun and original!

stampwithsandy said...

What an awesome swing card, LeAnne! Perfect use of the colors. Cassidy's birthday party looks like lots of fun except for that last poor fella who looks like he has an excedrin headache, lol!

Hannelie said...

Love the interest you created with the fold and cut!