Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fun Fold Cards


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  My upline Pennie has a FB page where lots of her downline share ideas!  My friend Janice shared a fun folded card there and she graciously gave me the measurements, so I made a couple of my own.  (I will share the measurements at the end of the post.)  My first one features Love Blossoms DSP, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler along with Something to Say, Remember This, and Friendly Wishes:


So the front of the card looks like a regular card (I added some twine to hold the folds together), but when it opens...tada!


The smaller right panel folds under the larger left panel, and you can decorate all three of them any way you like!  Here's the inside:


The second one features Birthday Bouquet DSP and Suite Sayings:


I used Watermelon Wonder and Blushing Bride for my colors and since the DSP has a fairly large pattern, I chose not to decorate the smaller panel and use just a simple sentiment for the front!



Here are the measurements:  
  • DSP:  4 x 3 1/4" and 4 x 1 1/2"
  • Mats for DSP and back of card: 4 1/2 x 3 3/4", 4 1/8 x 3 3/8" and 4 1/8 x 1 5/8"
  • Card base is 10 1/2 x 4 1/4, scored at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7" and 8 3/4"
  • If you want to add an optional layer to the inside:  4 x 3 1/4"
Have fun!  Any questions, give me a shout!

A little snow fun:





Enjoy your day!







4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These are great LeAnne - I'd forgotten how good Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler look together! As for the snow - wow!! What fun for Cassidy! I showed my two and they were most envious of the snowman-building potential!

MarvA1ix said...

Two beautiful cards, and a fun fold, too. I will have to give this a try this week for something fun and new. Thanks for sharing.
I envy your snowfall. Looks like fun, even though I know it's a pain in the neck. Haven't had a snow fall like that in Minnesota for many years, and I wouldn't mind it. I think every kid needs to experience a big snowfall, really deep, that they can talk about for a lifetime. Just once! I remember my kids having a couple big ones, but not the grandkids.

Lisa Elton said...

Another fabulous pair of cards LeAnne!! I love the kraft and red tougher and the fun folds. I know Cassidy would get enjoyment from all of the snow!

Doris said...

Yikes! That last picture is scary, but Cassidy seems to be enjoying it. Love your card, too!