Saturday, January 9, 2016

PPA282 CAS Wedding Card


Happy Saturday, all!  We are off to a wedding today, and I am using the Pals Paper Arts sketch for my clean and simple card:

PPA-282-Jan07

 I wasn't sure of the bride's colors, but I do know she used burlap for some of the decorations, so I used a piece of burlap ribbon for my horizontal piece, along with some beautiful florals from the English Garden DSP:


I used a retired set called Word Play for my sentiment, stamped in Old Olive; the scallop circle mat is Blushing Bride, and the card base is Crumb Cake.  Of course, I had to add a wee bit of bling:


Thanks for visiting, and be sure to pop back in tomorrow for the next Paper Players challenge!

I don't have any pix of Cassidy today, but I thought I'd share a couple of bird shots...my feeders have been busy now that the weather has gotten colder!  For Christmas, my niece gave me a little feeder she made from a teacup, filled with suet and seed...it was a wee bit difficult for the birds to hang onto the smooth edge of the cup as it hung from a hook, so I nestled it in the branches of my butterfly bush.  This red-bellied woodpecker quite enjoyed it (sorry for the blurriness, as these were taken from inside!):


A little song sparrow sampling some seeds:


and a yellow-bellied sapsucker!


Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

None None said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the patterned paper you used and the burlap accent is gorgeous. I'm sure the bride will love the card - how could she not?! Our bird feeders have been super busy as well - woodpeckers & nuthatches have been congregating at our suet log, the chickadees and finches are at the nyjer feeder (that I've filled twice this week already!) with a tufted titmouse (my favorite winter bird) here and there, and juncos are everywhere. The cardinals, bluejays and other miscellaneous birds are all at our big red squirrel proof feeder. So great to see all the birds - probably of the the very few things I like about winter. LOL

*Vicki* said...

Oh my that card is just gorgeous!! I love those floral papers and the touch of burlap really makes this look amazing! ;) I love your bird photos! We had a couple of blue jays at our feeder this morning. Have a great weekend!

Carol L said...

What a great wedding card with the burlap panel and pretty dsp! TFS the pictures of the birds too! I had to write to the national forestry (along with sending a photo) to find out what kind of bird could have possibly added all the ringlets of holes all over a cherry tree in our yard, and I was told it was done by a yellow-bellied sapsucker! I could not believe the rows upon rows of perfectly aligned holes from the bottom all the way to the top of this huge tree! Thanks for showing me what one looks like :) It's mind-blowing to see how this poor tree has been "disfigured" by one single bird! LOL

Linda Callahan said...

This paper makes a beautiful wedding card! Love the burlap with it! I am actually ready for a colder winter.....pouring here today.....snow is prettier!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty wedding card, love the softness of the paper with the texture of the burlap! Love the idea of the teacup feeder, I'll have to remember that one!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Sweet wedding card - love that paper.
I love the bird pictures you share with us.

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this look of the burlap with the English Garden DSP, LeAnne. What a pretty wedding card! I'm sure the new couple loved it!

Drew Watts said...

An elegant wedding card!! You did a wonderful work! Thanks for sharing the idea. When it comes to wedding ceremonies, we all want to make this day special. My cousin is getting married and quite busy in visiting all domestic wedding venues. She is finding a venue which is affordable and spacious as well.