Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Watermelon Hello

DSCF3530

Happy Wednesday, peeps!   I have a cute card for you today; after seeing THIS card on Pinterest, I set out to make my own!  (You should check out ALL her watermelon creations---a week’s worth—very cute, each & every one of ‘em!!).  Plus I have a quick little tutorial for you too!  So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Kind & Cozy Watermelon Card Stampin Up

Card base is Melon Mambo, with about 1 1/2” trimmed from the front,  with a panel of Wild Wasabi embossed with the Fancy Fan EF.  On a scrap, I stamped the plaid circle from Kind & Cozy and the center circle above it, then diecut it, and cut it in half to make my watermelon.  I added a sentiment from Four You, and used the new cute little heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack on the heart in the same set.  And how do you like my seeds?

DSCF3529

Of course, most watermelons in the store nowadays are seedless!  But I think I still like seeds on mine, so let me show you how I made them, again with that same little heart punch!

DSCF3630

DSCF3643

DSCF3644

DSCF3645

DSCF3647

It may take a couple of practices to get the punch in just the right place to get the shape of the seed that is pleasing to you!  But soon you’ll be making seeds right & left!  LOL!  Anyway, here is the inside of my card:

DSCF3531

Enjoy your day!

Cassidy decided her doll baby needed to be washed!  With a baby wipe, she proceeded to wipe the baby!

DSCF3589

Then she blew on him to dry him off!

DSCF3586

Good mommy!

9 comments:

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh I love this card today. Wonderful colours. Thanks for the tutorial on the watermelon seeds - how creative.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a creative watermelon too:)

Linda Callahan said...

I love watermelon cards! So,cute! And a great seed, tip!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as cute as can be and your seed idea is a keeper! And let me just say...that's the prettiest little "blow drier" I've ever seen!!

lisa808 said...

Adorable card!

Linda said...

Adorable card. Thanks for the seed tip. Very helpful!
What a good mommy Cassidy will be.

Renee said...

Cassidy is getting so big! She is a little cutie!

Love your watermelon card to! Might have to case!

Bobbi Schesser said...

Such a darling card...and lil' mommy!

Barb said...

Love this card! Will be casing!!
And thanks for the (almost) daily pictures of Cassidy... So sweet :)