Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ColourQ 245

DSCF3583-001

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  A quick card for today….it’s a busy ColourQ day and here is Arielle’s palette, as always, a pretty one!

I am hooked on this Work of Art stamp set, and thanks to it, this card worked up quickly:

LeAnne Puglise WeeInklings ColourQ245 Work of Art Stampin Up

To mimic the chevron pattern, I added a little diecut border along the left and popped up the rest of the panel.  I bought a little SU set called Cute Converse at a yard sale recently and this sentiment seemed to be a fun one to go with the Calypso Coral heart!

DSCF3582

I also colored a rhinestone with a Copic to add a little zing!  I loosely followed the CAS(E) This Sketch sketch 79 for this week too:

The CQC design team has some amazing samples, be sure to stop by the ColourQ blog to check them all out!

Last summer, John lent his tent to our church for their VBS program, and for some reason, Cassidy started bugging him about having the tent up again.  This time, he set up his little pup tent (this thing is probably 50 years old!) and she enjoyed playing in it for the afternoon:

DSCF3545

DSCF3555

DSCF3549

We thought she might actually take a nap in it…..no such luck!

DSCF3550

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Doris said...

Awhh...what sweet memories you are building!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. I love the way you used the stamp set and the colors. TFS
Cassidy looks like she really had fun playing in the tent.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what sweet photos!
Great card, too! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Linda said...

You are the best Grandparent Ever! Oh what fun to have a real tent to play in. She may take a nap one of these days.
I love the artsy card. Very cool!

Katie Melhus said...

Fun, funky and cool!

Deepti said...

awww sweet moments !! Love the way u used the colors on ur card :) such a cool design!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic design LeAnne, love the chevrons. Love Cassidy's tent too!

Carol L said...

Great take on the sketch with all those colorful chevrons! Looks like Miss C was getting cozy in the tent :)

Bananastamper said...

Such a fun card! Looks like fun in that little tent! I remember how much fun I had in tents when I was a girl - my boys love it too!

Bonnie said...

I'm lovin' this chevron stamp and think it's going to have to go to the top of my list! Very festive and a wonderful use of these colors!

Darlene Gabriel said...

From what I'm seeing of the Work of Art stamp set, I think I'll have to get it on my next order. I love how you've used it here. Fun card and great job with these colours.
What fun for Cassidy to play in the tent. What could be better on a sunny summer (almost) day?