Friday, June 13, 2014

SSSC222

DSCF3625

Happy Friday, everyone!  I have a sweet thank you card for someone who did something sweet for me after I did something sweet for her, LOL!  And so I am using the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge shown here:

to make this:

LeAnne Pugliese Thank You Vellum Card Stampin Up

My friend (and I am sure she knows who she is by now!) gave me some gorgeous 12x12 papers, and I just had to use this particular one because both sides of the paper are so pretty, and worked perfectly with the sketch.  Using both Versamark and Strawberry Slush ink, I stamped a sentiment from Another Thank You on a piece of vellum and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then backed it with a piece of Whisper White on which I had stamped a few leaves from Papaya Potpourri.  I punched a flower from Strawberry Slush with the Pansy punch, distressed it and separated it into two pieces and added a Crushed Curry blossom (Boho Blossoms punch) and a Candy Dot brad:

DSCF3626

And because my sweet friend is so thoughtful, she included some stickers for Cassidy to play with, and so Cassidy made a thank-you card of her own:

DSCF3628

Have a great day!

Oh, here’s another thing that Grammy lets Cassidy do:  play with her food!  This time, it’s cheese!  Did you know that you can cut cheese into shapes and make things with it?

DSCF3649

DSCF3651

DSCF3652

Creativity blossoms in so many ways!  And then you get to eat it!

8 comments:

KimCreate said...

I love what you did with this sketch! I have that paper in 6x6, the floral one and I just love it!

Lisa Elton said...

That is pretty paper and you used it perfectly for the sketch. Love the burlap too!!

Karen Giron said...

OOOOH! The burlap is the perfect touch for this stunning card! LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at SSSC! Fabulous job!

maria f. said...

What gorgeous blooms - on the PP and as embellishments. And I'm all for cheese in any shape or form!

Frenchie said...

Ooo, gosh , what a priceless Scene !!! Grandma your so go good , it just makes me so happy to see all the things Grammy lets her , brings back so many memories ,
Thank you ,
Now Grammys card is BEAUITIFUL !! Love all those bright colors.
Have a nice weekend,
Hugs to both of you 💞

ajyoyo said...

Cassidy!!!! What a cool card you made!! I bet whoever gets it will be SO happy! I think you're a great little stamper! xoxo

ajyoyo said...

Cassidy!!! I think your card is awesome.....whoever you give it to will be so happy! You are a great little stamper and I enjoy all the pictures of you that Grammy takes. xoxo

Darlene Gabriel said...

Don't you think food is so much more fun to eat when it's in fun shapes that you've created yourself;) heehee
Cassidy's card is so cute too.
I love your take on the this Sweet Sunday sketch - pretty papers and great addition with the burlap.
Darbaby on SCS