Wednesday, June 25, 2014

STS23

DSCF3830

I am regretful that I haven’t played with Lesley’s sketch challenge, Seize the Sketch, for a long time!  So I remedied that with a card for a friend who is going through a long bout with cancer; he is nearing the end,  but we wanted to let him know we miss him at church and that we are praying for him!  So here’s the sketch:

I only have a couple of the new DPs and when I got this Confetti Celebration, I thought….WHAT am I going to do with this?!!!  But I persevered, remembered Geometrical with its fun triangle elements and went to work!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Geometrical Sweet Stuff Stampin Up

Once I got going, I was having a blast with all the colors: Tangelo Twist, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Hello Honey, Basic Gray and Pistachio Pudding!!!  Sounds like a really potent drink, doesn’t it?!  I also used some Sweet Sadie Washi Tape and a Candy Dot!!!  Fun!

DSCF3831

I also used a sentiment from Sweet Stuff and a little star from Something to Say!  Thanks for visiting today!

We went to a local pool yesterday and Grammy did not slather on enough sunscreen on her wee one’s face!  After a short nap, she played in her sandbox….but truthfully, she was exhausted!  Can you tell?

DSCF3826

15 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, no. Sorry to hear about your friend with cancer. I am sure this bright, happy card will bring a smile to his face. Perhaps sharing a few pics of the every cute Cassidy will bring some smiles, too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch this week! So happy to have you play along!

Kara said...

great card! love all of the geometrics!

Carol L said...

THis is a real graphic beauty, and hopefully it brings your friend a welcomed smile during his difficult times. Poor Cassidy - the heat just got to her I suppose - I know how she feels :)

Patricia said...

What a great way to use this punch and stamp set. I love these new graphics sets. I'm sure it will brighten your friend's day.

Lisa Elton said...

A fun mix of colors and patterns LeAnne, terrific card! She does look a bit worn out ;)

Linda said...

Oh really beautiful card! I love all the pretty pattern papers. So pretty and cheerful.
Cassidy looks very serious about her play. Swimming makes you very tired and her face doesn't look too sunburnt.

Claire said...

Oh I love this LeAnne - it's so busy yet it's all come together perfectly. What fabulous papers...stop tempting me lol!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun and colorful card LeAnne! Thanks for joining along with STS! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/you-are-special-blessing.html

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'd have some trouble with all those triangles! If I remember correctly, Tully from Sesame Street loves triangles. :)

Thanks for joining us at Seize The Sketch. :)

(we all miss spots when sunscreening the little ones at one time or another, don't we?)

Robin K. said...

You really combined all those patterns so well! So sorry to hear about your friend.

Lesley said...

What a wonderful card for your friend, LeAnne. I know he will appreciate it. The colours and the funky vibe make one uplifting card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Shelly said...

This is one FUN card! Love it!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This card would cheer anyone, Lee Anne, given the bright colors and patterns, and more importantly, the love poured into it. So sorry you need this card in the first place. I am glad you persevered with the dp and joined us at Seize the Sketch!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that card is perfectly bright & cheerful, just the right thing for a pick-me-up! I love all the patterns! Such a fun font for the sentiment too :) And oh, boy, don't you just feel awful when you miss spots with the sunscreen? It always happens though.
Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch #23 :)

Karen M said...

This is a sweet and fun summery card, love it! The colours are so playful and it just shouts out summer and fun! x